Chapter 10 The Bira Coin Gambit

Ronnie came home from his first day of school with a bruise on his face, and when he returned to the Umbrella House, Alice was shocked: "Ronnie, who beat you up and why do you look like that?"

"Sis, don't ask me, I'm bored!" Ronnie stammered, not wanting to talk. He found a place to sit down and then buried his head between his legs, not saying a word. Alice shook her head helplessly. For the next few days, she went fishing every day, she also opened Nine Stars Payment and used the money she earned to buy a table and two chairs, she also bought a pot and other utensils, she returned the original pot she borrowed from Penny, and their lives gradually got better. Ronnie went to school every day, even on holidays. In the eyes of elementary school students, he was a monster, and in the eyes of middle school students, he became a brat. No one is his friend. He went to the library every day with a backpack to read. If he did not understand something, he would go and ask the teacher. That day, he had just arrived at school when he was tapped on the shoulder. "Ronnie, why are you walking alone, no one to keep you company?"

Ronnie turned his head to see that it was Michiko and said in exasperation, "I don't need company, you better leave me alone."

"Little Ronnie is getting more and more personal, I haven't seen you in a few days, how are you?" Michiko asked with a smile.

"Every day is pretty much the same. It's boring," Ronnie said and walked away without looking back.

Michiko looked at his back and muttered to herself, "What's wrong with that kid? he's gotten weird."

When Ronnie walked into the public classroom in Area A, there were already hundreds of students sitting in it, almost all of the middle school freshmen were here, their faces filled with youthful vigor, a stark contrast to Ronnie. He hadn't wanted to come, he usually went to the library to study on his own, but the teacher had informed everyone that they had to come this time, and he squeezed through the crowd and found an empty seat.

Then a voice rang in his ear, "Ronnie, you haven't been to class in a few days, something going on at home?"

Ronnie didn't have to turn around to know it was Vinique, the only girl in this school who would talk to him. But he didn't bother to open his mouth, he felt it would be too much trouble to explain, so he decided to remain silent.

"Silence everyone, today we are honored to have Professor De Silva, he is the recipient of the New World 'Order of the Holy Virgin Third Class' and at the same time he is our mentor, now please ask him to say a few words..." the new teacher who came to the podium shouted excitedly.

Ronnie raised his eyes and after a while he knew what the "Third Class Order of the Virgin" meant. He was immediately interested in the professor. Prof. De Silva was a short, balding old man with a large black mole between his eyes. After everyone had calmed down, he walked over to the podium and said: "Hello everyone, I am very happy to meet you, every year I will recruit some talented students in the 'Free World' to study in the City-state Genius Class, in a moment I will come up with twenty questions, whichever student can answer all of them correctly within ten minutes can enter the second round of exams.I will now ask my assistant to distribute the test papers to you."

The professor's assistant was a girl in her twenties who wore glasses. She took the test papers out of a briefcase and handed them out. Ronnie got a copy too, glanced at it, put it aside, and plopped down on his desk to sleep. The other students had long since begun answering the questions in earnest, all hoping to make a clean sweep and go straight to the City-state.Twenty minutes passed quickly, and the exam was over. Unfortunately, only five people finished the exam, most of them didn't even finish half of the questions, and Ronnie, of course, handed in a blank paper. The assistant saw his paper and asked, "Why aren't you writing? can't you do any of them?"