Chapter 56 Survival and Humanity

After talking to the scientists in the city-state, Ronnie already knew the procedure for accepting the mission. He led his sister down the path on the left side of the big screen, and after about twenty steps he saw a room with a sign on the door that read "Room 203 Doomsday Bunker". This was the place where the quests were collected, and the two siblings entered the room. There were already more than twenty people in line, so they could only get in at the back of the line, which slowly moved forward, and ten minutes later it was the siblings' turn. The mission lady, a young woman in her twenties, asked without lifting her head, "What level of mission do you want to do?"

"Level 2, Item 72," Ronnie replied. The Mission Lady asked him for some more information and then entered it into the mission card, after which he stepped back. She then asked Alice, who was at the back of the line, "What level of mission are you doing?"

Alice was confused and turned her head to look at Ronnie, Ronnie held up his index finger and compared it to the word "1" and whispered, "Item 26", she parroted the words and soon finished her mission as well and the two of them walked out the door. "Go ahead and finish your mission, we only have three days for yours," Ronnie said.

"So what are we going to do first?"

"We're going to the Item 26 lab first, they should have everything we need." The siblings followed the directions on the mission map, turning several corners before finding Lab 26, where they swiped their cards through the door. As soon as Alice entered, her entire body relaxed, she lowered her voice and said to Ronnie, "What if we find a way to escape from here?"

"That's unlikely, I've asked around, there's only one way in and out of here, we're now in the ground at a depth of five hundred meters."

"Ah! that deep? could it be that we'll be trapped here the whole time?"

"Let's take it one step at a time! we have to find a way to survive here first."

"What did you say about the background of these people who captured us?" Alice asked.

"I heard it was an organization from the 'Free World.'"

The two finished their small talk and got to work. This mission was to make some kind of tracking device. Ronnie had made something similar in the city state before, he made it in half a day, Alice was happy to see that he made it so fast and said "So fast?"

"This mission has been done before, so it's just faster," Ronnie laughed.

The two of them immediately went back to "Room 203 Doomsday Bunker" to hand in the mission. Ronnie didn't go in and stood outside waiting. This time there were fewer people and no line. When the task lady saw Alice return after half a day, she thought she wanted to change the task and was about to refuse. Alice spoke first, "I have come to hand in the task."

The Task Lady looked at her with a surprised look on her face, "Then please wait a little while, I'll have someone check it out." Alice had to sit on the sidelines and wait for the results, she was worried in her mind for fear of failing the test. Ronnie waited outside, expecting it to be quick, and when he waited and didn't see his sister come out, he got a little worried and poked his head in the door and asked, "Still not ready?"

"They said they had to test it, Ronnie, are you sure?"

"No problem, if something that simple goes wrong I'll be disgraced," Ronnie replied confidently. After another ten minutes or so, the mission lady turned to Alice and said, "Congratulations, you passed the test."

"Thank you!" Alice said, only to hear a beep and look at the mission card in her hand, which read: "A total of 10 Doomsday Points."She left room 203 and walked a little further with Ronnie to "Room 204 Doomsday Bunker". This was the item exchange office, the two of them entered the door and saw the exchange table displayed on the wall screen: