Chapter 61 The Ultimate Escape

Time flies, and the siblings have been in the Doomsday Bunker for six years. Ronnie was a little annoyed that Laurent kept asking him when he could leave. One day he came home from work and whispered to Alice, "Sister, let's get ready tonight and leave at midnight."

"Ah! so urgent?" Alice was a little surprised.

"Laurent has been bugging me lately, and I'm afraid if we don't leave, he'll spill the beans."

"All right, I'll listen to you," the two discussed the details and began their preparations. First, they exchanged all their points for food, enough for three days, and then applied the Meta-skin, a super material, to their clothes. To be completely invisible, they also had to shave their hair. Alice heard that they had to shave all of their hair and was reluctant to do so, "Can't I just not shave it?" she asked.

"Sister, you're going to run for your life, come on, you're beautiful even shaved," Ronnie comforted.

"Okay!" Alice nodded helplessly. She closed her eyes, her long lashes flickering, her mouth pursed, her cheeks slightly flushed, obviously ready.

Ronnie was amused by her expression. He stepped forward and called softly, "Sister, shall I begin?"

"OK!" she didn't open her eyes, just nodded slightly.

The hair was shaved with a pair of scissors brought back from the lab, which were very awkward to use. It took Ronnie over an hour to finish the cut. Looking at his bald sister in front of him, he somehow wanted to laugh, but held himself back. "Isn't it ugly?" Alice asked, rubbing her head.

"No, you are still as beautiful as ever," Ronnie lied.

The duo applied Meta-skin to their exposed skin and then put on their coated clothes, disappearing out of sight at the same time. They held hands the whole time, afraid of being separated. They hid food in their clothes and waited quietly. In the middle of the night, they left the door and went to room 94. They wanted to give Laurent a note that said, "Laurent, we will go first, but don't worry, we will soon inform the City-state to come and get you, we hope you will be patient."

Ronnie originally wanted to give him the secret material formula, but he changed his mind because he was afraid that the formula would fall into the hands of the enemy. At that moment, they reached room 94 and threw the note through the small opening in the door. Then they both came to the elevator entrance and waited quietly, afraid of being exposed and not daring to take the elevator, they wanted to quietly follow the people and go up together. Inside the bunker there is no day and night, but there is a work schedule. By eight o'clock in the morning, the number of people gradually increased. The siblings were more careful, afraid to make any noise. Laurent woke up and found the note Ronnie had left and was furious, he immediately reported this to the bearded man. Ronnie didn't think Laurent would be stupid enough to make a big deal out of it. As the siblings quietly waited for the elevator, the alarm sounded. Ronnie yelled that it was bad, he knew that this time Laurent had betrayed him again. He grabbed Alice's hand and ran for the hallway, the two of them panicking and running as fast as they could. The entire Doomsday Bunker tensed as the alarm sounded, it hadn't been sounded in a long time. The doors were open and everyone had a blank look on their faces, no one knew what was going on. The bearded man said through the radio, "Two people have escaped, they are hiding among you, now nobody is allowed to go out, we will search from room to room.

Five minutes later, more than twenty armed men descended from the elevator and entered the bunker. Two men guarded the elevator entrance while the others began searching room by room. The siblings had also heard the broadcast and had wanted to quietly enter room 25, where they had originally stayed, but now they didn't dare go there either. The duo cautiously made their way to the utility room. When they arrived, they noticed that there was another door next to the utility room that they had been in too much of a hurry to notice last time. Pushing the door open, they found a different scene inside. It was the size of two ball fields, filled with all kinds of vegetables and fruits, while on the other side were turkeys. Ronnie thought in his heart, "This must be the orchard of the 'Doomsday Bunker'."