Chapter 51 Fate and Destiny

After forty days of advertising and promotion, the number of people using the Enlightenment Chip reached over 1.1 million. Vinique sold 700,000 in the "free world". Ronnie returned home and before he could warm up his blanket, Butch appeared in front of his bed and said, "Ronnie, I've got something to tell you, Yurina is pregnant, she said she will join the City-state this year and told you to visit her sometime."

"What? no way!" Ronnie exclaimed as he sat up with a jerk.

"How is that impossible? isn't the baby yours?" Butch asked rhetorically.

Ronnie remained silent, but in his mind he cursed Yurina, feeling that she had betrayed him again. How could he impregnate a woman when he had already taken a pregnancy-limiting injection. In fact, this time he had wronged Yurina, there were two types of pregnancy prevention injections, one for men and one for women, which could be used as a contraceptive, it was usually valid for three years. Since the birth of Catherine, he had taken an injection, but it had expired early, he didn't know that, which was why he was so surprised now. But he couldn't say those words, he could only say, "Why did she call me?"

"I don't know, only you can ask that," Butch said goodbye and left.

At that moment, Ronnie's heart turned like a river, unable to calm down. He couldn't understand why Yurina had lied to herself, and it was such a cheap lie. Park Hye entered the room and saw his frozen expression of concern and asked, "What did Butch just say to you?"

Ronnie didn't want to lie to her, so he told her what Butch had just said. Park Hye scoffed after hearing it, "What are you going to do? take her to the city state?"

Hearing that cold tone, Ronnie had a bad feeling in his heart. He coughed dryly and changed the subject, "Park Hye, you've got a tan from being out there for over forty days."

But Park Hye grabbed the original topic and didn't let go, "Tell me! what are you going to do?"

Ronnie laughed bitterly twice before saying, "I don't want her to come either, but there's nothing I can do if she wants to come on her own."

"Then I'll officially marry you, okay?" Park Hye gave an ultimatum.

This was because she knew that the city-state had a rule that you could not cheat after you had formally tied the knot, and that the cheater would be removed from the city-state and banished from the city, never to return for all eternity. When Ronnie heard the words "officially marry", his head buzzed. The New World practiced open marriages and very few people were officially married, even in You City, where Ronnie was from, there were no more than five couples with official marriages.He still had a good wish in his heart to find Michiko one day. If Michiko had proposed to him, he would have accepted without hesitation. Ronnie's final answer was that he still didn't love Park Hye enough. Seeing that he was half silent, Park Hye said sadly, "I know the answer," then she left the room.

Three days later, Park Hye moved from double room number thirty-five on the ninth floor to single room number sixteen on the twenty-sixth floor. Ronnie begged her several times to move back, but she seemed to have made up her mind. Ronnie, who had lost his love, became a bachelor again. These days he was depressed all day, and Lily comforted him by saying, "Ronnie, cheer up, you've got me."

Ronnie looked at her and said, "You? forget you! I wouldn't want you if I was marrying a donkey."

"You go to hell! you bastard," Lily cursed angrily.

Barry heard that Park Hye had left Ronnie and started a new round of courtship. He picked Park Hye up every day after work, and Park Hye refused at first, but then got used to it. Later, they talked and laughed like a couple of lovers. One day, Ronnie ran into them after work, and the scene became awkward. Ronnie looked at Park Hye and asked, "I haven't seen you for a month, how have you been?"