Chapter 55 Doomsday Bunker

The next day he walked dazed to the institute. Only a few steps away he heard someone calling behind him, he stopped and turned his head to see that the person coming was the male assistant of the Holy Virgin Saria, Dempsey. He opened his mouth first: "Ronnie, do you remember me?"

"Of course, is there something you want to see me about?"

"Yes, I have some bad news, Butch is missing."

"When did this happen?"

"A week ago, I hear it's bad."

"What do you need me for?"

"You don't have to worry about him, I'm just here to inform you, there is one more thing for you to do, Saria saw the last robot competition, she wants you to develop a robot similar to 'The Thunder Eater', but with self-awareness and absolute loyalty, and it has to be mass-produced."

"That's not easy, there must be enough time."

"How long do you need?"

"At least three years."

"Good!" Dempsey paused for a moment and added, "Saria doesn't want anyone to know about this, she wants you to build the robot on the grounds that you're taking part in the next robotics competition."

"Okay!" Ronnie nodded in agreement. The two finished their conversation and went their separate ways. As soon as Ronnie returned to the Institute, he turned to Crockett and Lily, "I'd like to enter the Robotics Competition this November, what do you think?"

"We were waiting for you to say that!" Lily exclaimed happily.

Crockett chimed in, "Last year, we had so little time to prepare that it was good enough to make it to the finals,now we have nine months, so let's prepare well and try to make the top three this year."

Ronnie wanted to use a few words to convince the two, not expecting them to be more active than he was, he could not help but be pleased. The three of them discussed and agreed to use Reformer II as the basis for upgrades and redesigns. Ronnie spent the entire day developing Reformer II. He only returned home three months later when Yurina gave birth to a baby boy. When he thought it was not his own son, he was not happy. Yurina looked at his face and guessed what he was thinking: "Are you still skeptical about the baby's identity? you go and test his DNA to see if it's your son."

Ronnie didn't want to argue and just said: "Let's talk about this later! You rest first."

Alice chimed in, "Ronnie, you might as well get a DNA test or you'll never be at peace for the rest of your life."

Heeding his sister's advice, Ronnie took Amandine for a DNA test that afternoon. He could hardly believe his eyes when he got the results. He ran home excitedly with the baby in his arms and was thrilled to see Yurina and hugged her, "Yurina, I'm sorry, I wronged you."

"It's good that you know, I hope you'll treat him well from now on."

Ronnie stayed at home for a few days, Lily had rushed him several times before he reluctantly left. This time he took Yurina with him to the institute. Lily was slightly displeased when she saw this, "What? are you going to open a husband and wife store? your wife is brought to work."

"Yurina didn't know what to do in the city-state, I had to bring her here to be our assistant," Ronnie said with an apologetic face.

Lily and Crockett couldn't object any more when they heard him say that, and George and Brown were even less likely to object. Yurina did some odd jobs at first, but later she found her own place, brought George along to promote the 'Enlightenment Chip' and achieved good results. Lily, who was against her at first, gradually accepted her. So for the last three months, Ronnie's Reformer II did not make any progress, he began to get anxious, at that time he remembered his father, found Alice and told her: "Sister, I want to go and ask our father about some things I want to work on, will you go with me?"