Chapter 69 The Unseen Guardian

Dan has been staying at the Baron's house since she got out of the Doomsday Bunker. She and Amandine were playing in the garden by the pool. She looked up and saw Ronnie and exclaimed in surprise, "Big brother, you finally came to see me."

Amandine was having fun and when he was interrupted, he looked at Ronnie and froze in place without calling out. Ronnie looked a little surprised at Dan's enthusiasm and smiled, "Dan, are you having fun here?"

"Of course I'm having fun, Amandine hangs out with me every day."

"How about you? do you like Dan?" Ronnie asked as he turned his head to look at Amandine.

Amandine looked at him coldly, didn't say anything and turned his head the other way. Ronnie put a big nail in the coffin and thought to himself, "I guess I wasn't a good father, none of my kids like me."

Seeing his embarrassed face, Dan quickly spoke up to relieve him, "Big brother, are you here to see me?"

"Well, yes, I wanted to ask you if you want to live here or if you want to go to the City-state with me?"

"Can I go to the City-state?" Dan asked excitedly, grabbing Ronnie's arm.

"No, you can't go, you have to stay here and play with me!" Amandine shouted sharply.

"You can also come with me to the City-state!" Ronnie laughed.

"I'm not going! it's boring as hell there."

Dan dropped his head in disappointment. She was a sensible child and knew that if she said yes to Ronnie, father and son would surely quarrel. "I'm staying here with Amandine!" she said.

"Okay, but remember, if you get into trouble, go to the City-state and ask for me. I will help you if I can," Ronnie said. Before he left, he looked at Amandine again, hoping to see a change in his face, but unfortunately he had no expression other than anger. Next stop, Ronnie wanted to talk to Vinique about the Enlightenment Chip. Since his disappearance six years ago, the Enlightenment Chip was no longer available in the Free World. As he walked, he looked around, afraid that he might run into Billy again. Fortunately, he was lucky enough to make it to Vinique's place. The two had not seen each other in over ten years and when she saw him, she was very surprised, "Ronnie, why are you here?"

"I'm looking for you for something."

"Is it to talk about the 'Enlightenment Chip'?" Vinique guessed.

"Yes, do you want to continue selling it for me?"

"Yes, but why didn't you ask Yurina instead of me?"

"She's not really good at it, you're the expert," Ronnie said truthfully.

Selling Enlightenment Chips in the Free World could increase the personal honor value of the entire team of rebirth partners, which was very attractive to Ronnie. More importantly, Alice's honor value was only a pitiful one hundred or so, and he desperately needed to increase her honor value, so he was even more interested in this matter. After Vinique agreed, the two of them talked about some details, and it wasn't until an hour later that Ronnie left the house. He stayed with Yurina for two more days before returning to the City-state. Alice saw this and chuckled, "Pretty self-conscious this time, coming back without me having to rush you," after she had finished speaking, she handed Ronnie a letter, "This is the reply letter from the City-state, take a look at it."

Ronnie took it and looked at it, "Congratulations Ronnie, your application has been approved, this is considered a reward for your helping the more than two hundred scientists in the 'Doomsday Bunker' get out of trouble last time. The Grand Council of Elders has a proposal for you to donate the stealth technology to the City-state, and we will recommend you to the judging panel for next year's Holy Virgin First Class Medal selection. If you agree, please contact us, and we look forward to hearing from you."