Chapter 61: A Loveless Union

The next morning, Zoey awoke to the cold light streaming through the glass walls. She pushed herself up, her mind still foggy from unsettling dreams. The silence of the house enveloped her as she wandered to the kitchen. She made herself a glass of water and some breakfast. Dante was no where to be seen.

Dante's staff arrived, efficient and expressionless. They introduced themselves, their eyes devoid of warmth. Zoey realized they were an extension of him-efficient, obedient, and utterly detached. Their sole purpose was to cater to her needs, but their loyalty lay with Dante.

As Zoey explored the house, she stumbled upon the music room. The grand piano seemed to mock her-a beautiful instrument in a loveless home. She played a few notes, the sound echoing hollowly. It was as if the very walls rejected her presence.

Night time came. The terrace offered a view of the forest, the wolves still roaming. Zoey wondered if they, too, were under Dante's command. She spotted him at the edge of the woods, his gaze piercing. He stood there, a solitary figure, conversing with one of the wolves.

Dante turned, locking eyes with her. His expression held no warmth, only calculation. In that moment, Zoey understood: this marriage was a toxic pact. Dante's possessiveness was suffocating, his cruelty deliberate. He had no intention of thawing, no desire for connection. She was a pawn in his game, a trophy wife to be displayed when necessary.

As she retreated to her room, Zoey vowed to survive this loveless union. She would unravel the enigma of Dante Blackwood, but she'd do it on her terms. For beneath his icy exterior, she sensed danger-a predator lurking, ready to strike.

And so, Zoey steeled herself, determined to navigate this toxic marriage, even if it meant losing pieces of her soul along the way.

***
Guys, I hope you like this story. I put my heart, mind, and soul in writing this, so please vote for it and share your comments. I'll be glad to make it flow how you like it. Share your thoughts, and please vote for it.😊