Chapter 31: Explained

Chapter 31

Explained
-----------------------------------
August

I waited outside the airport foe Shae and her daddy. Afta a while I finally saw both of 'em comin' out. When Shae saw me she ran as fast as she could and came ova ta me. We bother hugged each otha real tight.

"Welcome home baby." I tol' her befoe lettin' her go.

She grabbed my face and kissed me a bail of times. "I missed you so much."

"Haha, I missed you too ma."

"You better have." She threatened. I laughed and through an arm around her befoe dappin' Mr.Harris up.

"Hey August."

"What up Mr.Harris. How was the trip?" I asked him.

"It was really nice."

I nodded and then helped them put they bags in my truck befoe we all got in, and headed back in town. Shae sat in the front wit' me and sang every love song that came on ta me. Her dad was jus' laughin' at her, while I jus' shook my head. I done missed all this shit.

We drove ta Mr.Harris house wit' Shae sangin'all extra loud. She only stopped ta say bye then kept it up 'til we got ta her apartment. "Yo get yo ass out my car." I laughed.

She got out, and grabbed her bag from the trunk, but I grabbed it from her and we both walked inta the buildin' and up ta her doe. I gave her, her key back so she ca unlock it. When she stepped in I jus' watched while she covered her face. I laughed and closed the doe behine me before she turned around and hugged me all extra tight.

"Thank you!" She yelled.

"You welcome baybeh."

She let me go, and ran ova ta the big ass bear and jumped on it. She cuddled up ta it, and I came, and sat down next ta her on the couch. I like ta see my baybeh happy jus' 'cause she makes me happy erry damn day. I neva really found a chick like Shae, and nah that I got her I'm too happy. She go above and beyond ta keep me happy and make sho' shit coo' wit' me so when I got money ta do somethin' nice foe her I'm damn sho' gone do it.

All of sudden she hopped up off the couch and ran ova ta her bag. She opened it, and pulled out two boxes. She came back ova and sat down on my lap and then handed them ta me.

"Here, I got you some stuff too."

Iont know what lil baybeh got me, or why, but I should've known Shae was gone bring somethin' back foe me. I opened up the big box first and it was a few t-shirts from the island. They was coo' and I liked 'em. They was jus' some lil tourist shirts, but they was nice and a nigga was gone rock 'em.

"Thank you baybeh. These is dope." I tol' her. She smiled, and forced the otha box inta my lap.

"Open this one. I'm excited about it."

I laughed at her, but went ahead and opened the box. When I looked down at the necklace in thea' a nigga immediately started cheesin'. It was a nice gold chain, but the lil pendant was a pictua of Mel. I couldn't even buhlea she had got this made foe a nigga.

"Yo Shae, this mean a ton ta me mama's." I tol' her. "Where'd you even get this pictua?"

"Your mom. I had her send it to me, and had the people at the jewelry store work some magic to get it in there. You like it though?" She asked. She had ta actually ask, and she even looked nervous foe a nigga ta answer.

Iont know why, she should know I appreciate this moe than anythang. She ain't have ta do this foe me at all so I'm greatful, and it'll be anotha way ta keep Mel close ta me.