25

I leaned against the bike as did Jake in the shed behind his house.

"So Bella is Bella?" Jake asked. I nodded.

"Until graduation." I spoke up.

"What?" He asked anger filling his voice.

"Jake there's something I need to tell you." I gulped. "But you can't freak out. Who am I kidding you will." I muttered the last part to myself.

"Ari what is it?" He asked.

"Remember when Bella went to Italy to save Edward?" I asked him. He nodded frustrated. I real quick explained to him who the Volturi are. "Anyways she told them about me knowing and now..." I trailed off.

"Now what?" Jake snapped impatiently. I looked up at him and his gaze softened.

"I have to become one of them too like Bella." I told him carefully. He tensed up and I saw him shaking. "Jake." I spoke softly stepping towards him.

"Get back." He growled stepping away from me. "In a month?" He yelled making me jump. "Before you've even lived? Before you could even live your life." He threw a wrench and I jumped again. I walked towards him and wrapped my arms around him. I know that's dangerous but I couldn't help it. He instantly reacted and wrapped his arms around me protectively. "They're not even alive. It makes me sick." He mumbled. "Better you really dead then one of them." I pulled away from. I looked at him hurt.

"I can't believe you just said that. Edward was right...I shouldn't have come." I said moving to walk past him but he grabbed my hand.

"Ariana, I'm sorry." Jake said.

"Can you please take me home?" I ask him. He nodded.

-

I walk up the stairs and the front door was wide open. Bella ran up the stairs. I shut the door behind me and followed her up.

"Edward, what's wrong?" Bella asked her boyfriend. I was now right behind her.

"Someone's been in here and in Ari's room." Edward said.

-

I sat on the couch in the Cullen's house. Everyone was here minus Emmett and Jasper.

"Who was it? Someone we know?" Carlisle asked.

"This stranger, I didn't recognize his scent." Edward tells his family.

"A nomad passing through?" Esme asked.

"A passerby wouldn't have left their father alive." Rosalie stated.

"The scent disappeared about 5 miles south of Bella and Ariana's house." Jasper says walking into the room followed by Emmett.

"Someone's orchestrating this." Carlisle stated.

"Victoria?" Bella asked.

"I would have seen her decide." Alice says sure of herself.

Unless someone else was deciding for her.

"Has to be the Volturi." Edward said.

"I don't think it's the Volturi, either. I've been watching Aro's decisions, too."

"So we keep looking." Emmett said.

"We'll also take shifts guarding Ariana and Bella at her house." Carlisle stated.

"Another protection detail?" Rosalie asks irritated.

"Rosalie."

"No, she's right." I spoke up. "You can't protect Bella and I, watch our dad and search for the intruder."

"And for Victoria." Rosalie cut in.

"And keep yourselves fed." Bella added. I nodded agreeing.

"I'm not leaving you both here defenseless." Edward says.

"Well we're not going to let you starve." I countered. " And besides we wouldn't be unprotected. We have..." I trailed off.

Jacob. I thought, knowing he heard me because of the look on his face.