33

"Jake stop" I yelled going up the hill.

"What?" He asked clearly mad and irritated.

"Don't let what she said bother you she was just messing around." I told him.

"Well you know what Ariana it does bother me." Jake said stepping towards me. "I can't stand the thought of you with that bloodsucker." He stated. I clenched my fist. "Their monsters" He continued.

"So your basically saying I'm a monster too then?" I question him stepping forward.

"Never."

"I'm going to become one of them one way or another Jacob." I said taking another step forward. "And despite of everything I still consider them family. And besides that what if I wanted to be with Emmett? Hm? I love him Jacob." He lowly growled stepping towards me and at this point we were very close. I felt the heat radiate off his body.

"You can love more then one person. Even before I became a werewolf I knew there was something special about you." He said. I step back.

"Oh, no. I know what your doing and its not going to work."

"You have another option here Ari. Right in front of you. I can give you more then him. I can give you a normal human life."

"Jake.." I started. He came extremely close. He gently grabbed my waist pulling me to him. "Please...don't." I whisper looking away. His hand went under my chin moving my head so I was looking up at him.

He slowly began to lean in. His lips lightly brushed mine before they were pressed onto mine.

My eyes widened as we pulled apart. We stared at each other for a moment until I made a face of disgust as did he.

"I'm sorry but that was like kissing my sister." He said. I nodded agreeing. "I'm sorry for doing that." I shook my head.

"Its fine. Now we know." I said. He nodded.

"Well now I know I love you as a brother." I nodded.

It was quiet for a few moments.

"I have to go." I nodded. He kissed my head before running off. I walked back and Edward had a look of amusement on his face.

"Shut up." I told him.

Seth came around growling at Edward.

"It's starting." Edward said.

We stood there looking at Edward who looked concentrated.

"Jacob just got there." he said. "He's good."

After a few minutes Edward looked alarmed.

"Is someone hurt?" I asked.

"She's close. I can hear her thoughts. Seth, go." Seth went off. Edward pulled Bella and myself to his side. "She knew we weren't there, but she caught my scent. She knew you'd be with me."

"She found us." Bella said.

"She's not alone." I whispered as I saw Riley Biers walked out. he's the guy my dad was looking for who went missing a year ago.

"Riley, listen to me. Victoria's just using you to distract me. She knows I'll kill you." Edward says as Victoria appears on a rock in a crouched position. A light gasp escaped me. "In fact, she'll be glad she doesn't have to deal with you anymore." Riley slowed down stopping.

"Don't listen, Riley. I told you about their mind tricks." Victoria tells Riley.

"I can read her mind." Edward stated. "So I know what she thinks of you."