41

Third Person POV

"Emmett can I speak with you for a moment?" Emmett nodded and followed Carlisle to is office.

"What is it?" Emmett asked him.

"It's about Ariana and the baby." Emmett became instantly concerned.

"What? What is it?"

"Everyday Ariana and the baby are growing weaker. I don't think the baby will survive when it's time to  deliver."

Ariana's POV

I stayed sitting on the couch as Jake walked in and sat next to me.

"Hey." He said softly.

"Hey yourself." I said.

"Look I'm so sorry if I offended you about what I said yesterday." I shook my head.

"It was nothing." I mumbled looking away.

"Hey." He took my hand into his. I look at him. "It's not nothing. I was being an ass. Your baby isn't a monster." I lightly smile.

"Thank you Jake...for everything." I told him. He returned the smile.

"No problem." He responded.

-

It was later that day everyone was gathered in the living room watching the football game. But no one was really watching it.

I pulled down the sleeve of my hoodie.

"Are you cold?" Emmett asked. I meekly nodded.

"I got it." Jake said coming over and got under the blanket wit me making me warm instantly. I suddenly felt the urge to vomit. I bent over as Edward held the can in front of me in case I did throw up. But nothing happened. I sigh and laid back on the couch. Bella was on the couch next to the one next to mine.

"We need to find a way to get food into their systems." Esme stated.

"If I could only see the fetus-"

"the baby." Rosalie corrected.

"maybe I could figure out what it wants." Alice said.

The babies are probably thirsty.

"Jacob has an idea." Edward said.

"It wasn't an idea. It was a snide comment." Jacob said. I looked over at him.

"What were you thinking?" I asked him weakly.

"That it's probably just looking for someone to sink its teeth into." He told us.

"He's thirsty." Bella stated.

"I know the feeling." Emmett commented.

None of them hunted for a long time because of the wolves.

"If it's craving, it's not gonna want animal blood." Edward stated.

"I have some O negative laid aside for Bella and Ariana." Carlisle said walking away. Alice, Jasper and Emmett had to leave.

Carlisle came back pouring blood in two glasses.

"Wait, wait, wait. You're gonna make them drink that?" Jake asked looking like he's going to be sick.

"It's the fastest way  to test the theory."

"Only if you're comfortable with it." Edward says.

"I'll try anything." Bella stated. I nodded in agreement.

"Just hold on." Edward says getting up.

"I think I'm gonna be sick." Jake stated scooting away from me.

"Baby." I commented with a weak smirk. He rolled his eyes.

Edward came over with two styrofoam cups with straws.

"This might make it a little easier to take." He tells us handing us the cups. I sat up. I watched Bella take a sip before doing so myself.

"Tastes.....good." She said before taking another sip.

"Your pulse is already getting stronger." Carlisle told her. I look down at the cup.

What's the worst that can happen, am I right?

I brought the straw to my mouth and took a sip. I could taste the metallic taste of it as I swallowed it. I licked my lips. It wasn't too bad. I took another sip.

Something didn't feel right. I groaned in pain grabbing my stomach when I felt a sharp pain. I hunched over and felt myself fall off the couch and on my side. A crack was heard.

Emmett and the others rushed in and to my side.

"Ariana" Jake said frantically rushing to my side as I felt myself being picked up.

-

I placed on the table in Carlisle's makeshift medical room. Emmett was by my side holding my hand as Carlisle injected me with something.

"It's morphine." He told me as if reading my mind. "Emmett maybe you should-" Emmett cut him off.

"No." He stated firmly.

"Carlisle it's dying" Rosalie yelled grabbing a scalpel but Emmett roughly grabbed her wrist.

"Let the morphine spread." Emmett growled.

"Go. Do it." I yelled. Carlisle made an incision in my stomach making me scream from the pain.

"Rose no" I hear Edward yell pulling her out of the room.

Everything was hazy for me. I couldn't feel the pain anymore.

I opened my eye and saw Carlisle pick up a small baby. I smile very weakly.

Carlisle frowned.

"Carlisle what is it?" I weakly asked. He said something but I couldn't hear what he said. I felt numb. I couldn't feel anything.

It was at  that moment I knew I was dying.

"Ariana please." I hear Jake in the distance even if he was next to me.

I felt a pinch in my arm and it burned.

___________________________

Vote/Comment