Unfaithful

Really good song above! Matches the chapter title too so all good.
______________________

I woke up and felt pained. Like, physical pain in my chest. I groaned and slowly for out of bed, glad there was no school today. I thumped down the stairs one by one, seeing my mother cooking in the kitchen. I sat down gloomily at the bar, wishing I hadn't woken up.

"What's wrong, honey? Stay up too late at the party?" Mom asked. I nodded wordlessly.

More like I found out I miraculously had a mate and he turned out to be the biggest pri*k on the planet. Suddenly Ripley bounced down the steps, giving us both a sunshine smile.

"Morning family! What's for breakfast?" He chirped.

I hissed at him like a cat.

"Please stop. You're happiness is not welcome at this disgustingly early time," I said, glaring.

Mom laughed before answering my brother.

"Eggs and bacon. There's some biscuits cooking in the oven as well."

"Awesome, I'm starving. So, Vera you left the party pretty early last night. What happened? Had enough of the guys flirting with you?" Teased Ripley.

I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah right. No body was flirting with me."

"That's not the way I see it. I clearly remember a few gentlemen talking with you throughout the night."

"Well duh, Ripley, it was a social event. Doesn't mean they were flirting."

"I'm sure dad will see it a different way."

I gaped at him.

"You wouldn't!"

"I would too."

"Mom!"

"Nuh uh! I'm staying out of it, figure it out yourselves," mom said, returning to her cooking.

I blew out a frustrated sigh. Thanks a lot mother.

"Fine what do you want?"

"I want your serving of bacon."

"What?" I asked darkly, glaring at him coldly from under neath my eyelashes.

No body. And I mean no body threatens to take away my bacon. He gulped as I slowly stood from the bar stool.

"Calm down, Vera. It's just bacon. Mom?"

"You started it, Ripley!" Mom said in response, then went back to ignoring us.

I let out a battle cry and ran forward to attack Ripley, but he had the foresight to run up the stairs, I followed behind running as fast as I could.

"Gee, Ver, I don't remember you being this slow!" Ripley called out over his shoulder.

I grabbed a random object and chucked it at him. Turns out it was a thin hard cover book. He cried out as it hit him in the back of the head.

"Man down! Must find shelter!" Ripley cried, sounding like a wounded soldier during a huge battle.

He started to open a random door to escape.

"Oh no you don't," I say, following after quickly, but stopped in the door way, much like Ripley.

The room was dark and smelled like sweat. Clothes were scattered across the floor and it wasn't hard to guess what was done in there. But what confirmed it even more, was Rider, my mate, lying naked in bed with a blonde woman on top of him.