Chapter 9- Big revelations

Alley's P.O.V

"Am I still allowed to do this?" Jake walked up to me and asked.

In his hands were chocolates.

"You've already seen me smile."

"I guess that's a no then."

"I didn't say that." I said and took the box of chocolates from him. "Thanks. Let's just hope you're not the indirect cause of me becoming diabetic."

He laughed and said, "Oops."

I rolled my eyes and chuckled. "Silly."

He stepped closer and stared down at me. I noticed he liked doing that.

"How are you ?" He asked softly.

"I'm okay." I answered. "What about you?"

"Everything is better with you." He replied with that charismatic smile of his.

"You're so cheesy." I rolled my eyes playfully.

"I prefer to call it honesty."

"Whatever." I stated. "I'm going home.  This Wednesday has been too darn long."

"You have work to do?" He asked me.

"No. Why?" I replied.

"Let's go somewhere before going home." He suggested.

"Okay."

I texted Selena that I would not be waiting for her.

Jake and I headed out the school and to his car. He drove out and a few minutes later we were at a pastry shop.

I ordered cupcake and milkshake where as he chose a croissant, with red jelly.

We both took our seats in a corner booth, before digging in. We ate in silence for a while before I felt a stare on me. I looked up from my cupcake and caught Jake staring at me, his half eaten croissant sitting before him.

"What?" I asked.

"You're really beautiful, you know." He complimented.

"Why do you like complimenting me so much?" I questioned out of curiosity.

"I'm honest and blunt." He replied.

"Why is it that you don't accept my compliments though?" I asked.

"Because they're not true." He said with a frown.

"What? You think I'm lying to make you feel good. Unbelievable. That's not me Jake."

"It's not true to me Alley. If only you knew all the bad things I've done."

"I'm no saint either." I brushed off his words.

"Well I'm pretty sure you haven't drained the life out of people before and enjoy doing it each time." He retorted.

To say I was shocked was an understatement. Sure I knew he did bad things but murder never crossed my mind.

"I've ripped people from their families without batting an eye. I've played with people and make them into my puppets. I controlled them and made them do whatever the hell I wanted." He went on, not waiting for my reply.

"Stop!" I raised my voice above his. "Stop trying to create the image of you being a callous person. Just stop trying to scare me off."

"You really don't know how to accept the truth. Just know whatever I say is the truth. I'd never lie to you."