Chapter 34- Daniel Carter

Alley's POV

"So let me get this straight. Daniel is the mastermind behind all this evil?" My mom asked bewildered.

After arriving home we immediately gathered everyone in my family  and relayed the events to them.

"Shocking, I know."

"Did he manage to leave anything behind?" Mother asked.

"No. Why?" Asked my sister.

"To track his location." My brother answered.

"Well all I know is that we can't just sit around doing nothing. There's a reason he revealed himself to us. The war is definitely near and maybe he's after something." I voiced my suspicions.

"This is so messed up." Selena graoned out in frustration.

"I know right."

We continued having our conversations about our threats.

Something tells me this war is closer than we anticipated.

..............

"Chris told me what happened." Whispered Xavier who was sitting next to me in Bio class.

I massaged the sides of my head as it felt like my brain would explode any second now.

"Yeah and he was kinda also my ex-friend." I replied.

Xavier' s eyes widened  as he stared at me in astonishment.

"Damn. This must be hard for you A." He spoke  softly.

"I knew he was kinda a jerk in the end but I just wasn't expecting this. I'm beginning to think he knew about who I was from the beginning and was only using me." To think of it, he once mentioned something about me finding out what I was.

Numb. That's how I felt as I voiced my opinions. I didn't think I could take anymore pain. Yes it hurt a lot because at one point in my life he mattered. He mattered a lot and even though I convinced myself and everyone that I was over everything  that had transpired between the two of us, it wasn't until I met Jake that I really got over things.

"What happened between the two of you?" He asked cautiously.

As I was about to reply the sound of the bell interrupted. I packed up my things and got up with Xavier in tow.

"He never cared enough." I simply replied to his previous question as we headed out the double doors of Calvino High.

We both walked to his car where we leant on it and continued talking.

"He's a fool then. You're an awesome girl, Alley." His genuine tone made me smile softly.

"Thank you."

"How are you really feeling though?" His face showed that he sincerely cared, making me admit something I thought I never would.

"Scared." I whispered. "He knows things Xave.  My weaknesses. He knows how to hurt me."

"No. He knew your weaknesses. He doesn't know you anymore. You're smart and I'm pretty damn sure you'll outsmart him when the time comes."

"You really know how to make a girl feel better." I smiled.

He shrugged with a smirk. "What can I say, it's one of my many talents."

I laughed as I stared at him. What did I do to deserve such amazing friends?

"Well Mr. Talented, care to bring me home?"

"Thought you'd be going home with your sister or your boyfriend?" He said confused.