Chapter 8

"Where have you been?" Mason asks as I walk down the stairs out the shower and into clean clothes. My hair was still wet as I dried it with a towel.

"You know where I was because you tracked me down to see if I haven't killed someone or myself."

"Right. Just wanted to hear you say it. You were at Meghans?" He says laughing. "Dude did you forget she was super clingy and crazy."

"Well after I dated girls like Georgia and Desi I am sure it doesn't get any worse. Besides- there isn't anything going on." Even I knew it was a lie. I was seeing her later.

"Did you atleast get laid?"

"No Mason. I went there and we spoke about my feelings and what my short term goals were." I sarcastically say.

"Shut up." He laughs. "I saw Desi first." I tell him making myself cereal. "We bumped into eachother."

"So wait how the hell did you from Blu to Meghan?" He says and I tell him about Ryan. "So you went to Meghan out of spite?" I shrug and look at him. "It wasn't like that."

"That is unfair to Meghan. I kind of like her. She was probably your least annoying girlfriend." He tells me and I roll my eyes. "Its not like that."

"I know its hard for you to express your feelings." He says and I roll my eyes. "Are you starting to like Meghan again?" He asks and I sigh. "I don't know- I'm not sure."

"Well. Are you seeing her again?"

"Yeah." I say sitting down. "Oh my God you're falling back into teenager Nick."

"Were different now. So much more mature." I tell him. "She did ditch her boyfriend for me." I was say

"Wow." Mason says shaking his head. Cleo walks into the kitchen followed by Naomi. "Hey." She says smiling at me. I nod at Cleo who sits down. "Whats up."

Naomi hugs Mason as they start making out in the kitchen. Raises all sorts of hygiene questions but I decide to keep it in. They are play fighting and giggling all sorts of nonsense and I almost barf my cereal back out. Cleo and I exchange some looks.

"Are you guys going to the race tonight?" Naomi asks as her and Mason finally stopped touching eachother.

"Is your boyfriend Ryan going to be there?" I ask and Naomi races her eyebrows. She looks at me and then looks at Mason who is avoiding eye contact.

"You told them?" Naomi says looking at Mason. She shakes her head walking out of the kitchen.

"Thanks." Mason says looking at me. I give him a smile as he walks after Naomi.

"So what is up?" I ask Cleo

"I found my mother." She says. "And I invited her to come over. I'm done running." She tells me. "Wow. So is she going to come with your actual father?"

"Yeah."

"She was ditched me. But hey life is for second chances." She says and I sigh seeing she heard what happened with Zoë. "You should call her." She says and I roll my eyes. "What me, you and your mom and Zoë?"

"It will make life so much easier? Less awkward? Plus CJ will be with us?"

"We do dinners now?" I ask and she chuckles. "Shut up and call her." She leaves the kitchen and smiles as I call Zoë. Maybe I can leave this stupid annoyed hurt feeling behind?

"Hello?" Zoë answers.

"Hey its Nick." I say. The line goes quiet for a bit. Lord- she didn't even want to answer my call?