Chapter 35

Desi's POV

"This is your apartment?" She asks and I nod. "Its beautiful." She says as she looks around. "Thanks. I used to live in a house but I moved recently. It was too big."

"And this isn't?" She chuckles.

"I'm glad you're alive." I say sitting down in my kitchen. "I'm glad I finally found you. Well your boyfriend found me."

"Why did Jamie not want us to meet?" I ask. "Tell me about it." She says. "He didn't want me to tell you what a horrible man he is."

"Do you want wine?" I ask and she shakes her moving her jacket out the way. "Is that a baby bump?" I ask surprised. "Yeah." She chuckles. "Oh wow." I couldn't believe that I found my mother but she was also carrying my future sibling. "I haven't got any siblings." I say and she nods. "I know. Now you do." She smiles. "I want to explain my absence." She says as I make tea. "I had you at 16 with an immature guy who couldn't even tell me what day it was because all he did was party." She says. "He was violent and aggressive."

"Uncle Jamie?" I say and she chuckles. "Funny how he pretended to be your uncle." She rolls her eyes. "He disappeared with you by the way and promised he'd put me through school with that drug money he had. So that I could come and raise you with my education and a stable job. I finish high school and I get to college. I get my nursing degree but where is your father and where are you? He tells me you've settled in and have a happy life and if I come I'm setting you up for failure. He then finalizes the adoption without me ilegally. I could not not even come near you. I gave up and just send you letters and letters. When you turned 18 Jamie finally tells me he wants to come and find you and that you went missing. And since then he searched for you and he tells me I cannot see you so after a year I had enough of the back and forth so I get my friend to help me set up my own death. A whole new identity and he goes to jail."

"He deserves to be in there." I say sitting down. "Why would he be so selfish?"

"I had to fake my own death to get rid of him. He's ready to actually kill me if he finds me."

"Oh he won't." I say. "I'll protect you."

"Sweetie have you met him?" She says and I chuckle. "Well you haven't met me properly." I tell her what Ive been up to.

"So you're telling me you ended in his field?"

"Yeah without knowinh he was a drug dealer."

"And then we moved to New York temporarily for business. Where I met Nick. We were actually after them first and theyre not to be messed with. I was kinda stuck in a marriage from 17 years old and the only way to escape them was through Stefano's death..."

"So they set you free?"

"Yep. We got to know eachother and its been a roller coaster since then. I was even part of Collin's Crew for a while."

"Oh God."

"I'm in school now. Don't worry. Not a total criminal."

"Nick told me. You were doing nursing."

"Tried doing the doctor thing. Just too long." I say and she chuckles. "God youre so my daughter."

"You know how happy I am to have found you. I was so tired of the whole lone wolf thing. In Seattle's crew Stefano's sister and I became like sisters. She even lived with me and we were like sisters. She was my only family."

"Was? Where is she now?"

"She was in the most serious toxic relationship with Nick's little brother. The whole high school thing. She came from such a fucked up family her attachment to him was insane and she just lost it. She poisened herself and Sam."