Ch. 1 ~The Incident~

Zak Bagans.

A name that the dead fears.

A thing that haunts the shadows and stalks the night. With nothing but his thoughts to keep him company and the usual lost soul that wanders by every now and then.

A monster that has sent people leaving, either screaming in terror or in a body bag which ever comes first.

What's that?

This isn't Zak?

Ah, then you must be thinking of the old Zak Bagans. A man who wanted to know more about the unknown, who created and gathered up his little crew and set off around the world in search for answers about the paranormal, who wanted to know what was beyond.

Who simply bit off more than he could chew...

-----------------------------------------------------------

It was just another day for Zak, getting ready to meet the rest of the gang, Aaron, Billy, and Jay at the airport to fly to their next investigation in... Russia. Words could not describe Zak's egarness for this one, never in his life did he think he would investigate in Russia of all places. But yet here he was gathering the last of his things, and giving his sweet dog Gracie one last loving pet, then heads out the door.

After reaching the airport and meeting up with everyone, and also happy to know he wasn't the only one hyped, they hand in their passports as they exchange conversations, a few jokes here and there, before boarding and take off to the motherland herself.

~Time Skip~

Finally landing in Russia, he still couldn't get over that no matter how much jet lag he had, everyone exited the plane and began to do a little exploring before hastily making their way to the location of where they're supposed to interview.

Once the interviews were done for the day, the exhausted boys go through some minor complications of finding a hotel to stay in. Because it would seem someone at the Travel Channel Company, who had ONE job mind you, forgot about it.

However they got lucky and managed a decent hotel. Soon after the guys checked in and chowed down on some of the local food, interesting he would admit but still good nonetheless, everyone turned in for the night.

Or at least tried to.

Zak's nerves were still abundant with... Excitement? Anxiety? Or perhaps even fear.

He didn't know what there was to be nervous about, sure they were the first paranormal team to ever investigate this place much less the first Americans to do it but that should be exciting, that should make him feel like he's on top of the world.

So why was he suddenly not feeling right about this one?

That gnawing feeling of dread became so great that he decided he would read up some on the location, rationalizing that maybe knowing more about it would ease his thoughts. Grabbing his phone, Zak then starts typing in the location's name and was met with a page that had some pretty dark history on it.

From how it once was a charming, wealthy mansion that was brimming with happiness and life, to how it became cursed somehow, apparently one theory speculates it was because of a jealous maid that was actually a witch.

It then goes on to talking about how people began dying from mysterious causes like strange sicknesses, there were tons of murders, and suicides mixed with betrayal until it finally became a dark, evil, desolate shell of it's former glory. And of course to top it all off, those Satanic rituals. He just couldn't seem to get a break with those could he? Though maybe he was right to feel anxious.