Ch. 15 ~Viva Las Vegas!~

(So I thought I'd try my hand at drawing Zak again. Not sure what I was going for but I guess he still turned out ok?)

"You gotta be kidding me..." Zak says as he stares at Billy, hoping for this to be a joke.

Billy laughs but when he sees Zak isn't laughing with him he stops and shows him the phone, allowing him to read it himself and sure enough it says the man who can remove this monstrosity from his soul is in Las Vegas.

Zak remains quiet for a moment before he speaks again, "Guess I'm going home then... Wow."

Sensing the dull mood you decide to attempt to lighten the situation, "Well hey think of it this way, you get this off in a place you're familiar with. Then when it's done you get to go straight home no problem." 

You gently nudge him, "And the best part is, we'll be right here with you." You then offer a gentle smile.

He looks around and scoffs, "These guys?" He says with a smile, causing the boys to laugh at that before he sighs and looks down, thinking it over, then finally speaks.

"But on a serious note, it does make me feel a little better. Plus there's no way to avoid it, I doubt we'll find anyone that good elsewhere so might as well do it." 

"Just get it over with. Rip it off like a band-aid." Deliah pipes up from her spot in the recliner.

Billy chuckles, "That's one hell of a band-aid."

More chuckles fill the room as you turn to your cousin with a dazzle of excitement in your eyes, "And not to mention Deliah what was it we always talked about when we were younger?" 

Deliah playfully rolls her eyes with a grin knowing exactly what you're talking about, "Oh lord not that." 

The guys look from you to Deliah when Aaron finally asks, "What?"

Deliah sighs as she grins more, "When we were younger we had the mindset that it was basically our mission to go to Vegas one day when we got older. Cause not only did the show influence us at the time but we've had plenty of family go there. So it's what we always talked about. Just the two of us going there, seeing the sights, buying stuff, going to clubs, checking out guys. The usual crazy Vegas stuff that we would see on TV or overhear our family members talking about."

You grin, "And now the time has finally come where we are gonna do just that!" Suddenly you pause, "Except the last one because," you look at Zak and shoot him double pointer fingers, "I snagged me a keeper." 

He chuckles then wraps his arm around you while Deliah waves you off, "Yeah, yeah whatever I'm still gonna check out guys." 

You simply shrug and lightly pat Zak's arm before standing up and making your way towards the stairs, "Then let's get going, the sooner we leave, the sooner we get there."

Everyone nods and starts to get ready.

------------Few minutes later------------ 

As Deliah and you are getting your stuff together the boys struggle rearranging everything to fit in the van, they believed they were staying in (State) for awhile, but thankfully you two packed lightly, before helping the boys. After a couple more minutes of shoving everything in the back, and some in the passenger seat, you all step back with a triumphant huff.

"Alright we should be good now." Billy says as he makes his way to the driver seat, "But I'm pretty sure you guys need to double up seat belts."

And so once everyone is buckled in, Zak and you together on the right, Jay in the middle, then Aaron and Deliah on the left. The ride begins as you all make your way out of town.