Ch. 9 ~Evil Hands Warm Feelings~

(Hey guys! I'm so so sorry for the late chapter here, had some severe art block lately but I was finally able to shake it off and get things flowing again, which is why I present you with this gift, it's also kinda an apology gift lol, this chapter... That FINALLY pokes at your's and Zak's feelings for one another sweet lord finally! So anyway enough chat. Prepare for cute confessions and fluff! BECAUSE YES! Love you guys! :D)

It's been about 4 maybe 5 days now since that incident with Zak. And say it's been awful would be an understatement. Part of you was rightfully torn up as you stare at your bruised wrists, but yet another part of you couldn't seem to find the grit to hate him. That look he had on his face, the horrifying realization of what he did.

On top of that, his frantic apologizing. Surely that lends credence to his actions being accidental. If he truly was as evil as the spirits claimed, then he wouldn't have tried to apologize as much as he did, right?

Then again, what if it was a trick? So he could get your guard down. You shook your head, 'If he's actually bad why didn't he get me when I first set foot in that house?' That's the confusing part, Zak's never been evil. Channeled perhaps, influenced maybe. But never purposefully sinister.

It makes no sense, either the ghosts have some kind of vendetta against him, or there's been something more to him this whole time. Which if that were the case then your gonna want more proof of that, because from day one since you met Zak he's been nothing but kind and sweet to you.

Sure you may not have known him and how he acted prior to his incident, but you believe that even now nothing has changed. That's just Zak.

Seeing the way he'd joke, tell stories, and simply act. There was hardly any difference, it's still him. Just watered down now, a little faded but still recognizable like an old photo, which in it's own right is understandable given all that he's been through. Perhaps that's one of the things you loved so much about him.

Wait-

Oh no.

Your eyes widen as your cheeks gain a faint blush...

You love Zak Bagans.

When that starts to settle in, there's no longer just a faint blush but a raging fire of red on your face as you bury your head in a pillow on the couch.

'Good Christ (Y/N) What is your damage?! That's not ok!'

Your thoughts screamed, 'But he's so sweet though.' 'Someone like him is very rare nowadays.' 'Jeez (Y/N) what's wrong you?' 'He's lonely.' 'What would he even see in you anyway?'

You finally crawl out of your small cocoon of blankets and walk to the kitchen for some water to quench your thirst and to try and digest this new information. A sudden knock at the door stops your task however. You begin to panic, worried that it might be the girls, or Zak. You stand and stare at the door for a moment as you build up your confidence before slowly walking over to open it.

Bracing yourself to see some overly compacted make-up wearing blondes or the definition of tall dark and handsome, your anxiety fades when it turns out to be neither, but your cousin Deliah.

"(Y/N)!" She exclaims, causing you to smile as she wraps you up in her usual bear hugs, "I've missed you!" You return the hug, smile only growing, "Missed you too Deliah." You see Deliah used to babysit you when parents or grandparents weren't able to. This just made things easier considering you both were always locked at the hip.

In fact, one could almost say you're twins, since you both have the same bubbly, happy personalities even if Deliah was much older. "So how's my favorite cousin been?" She asks as she finally releases you, "Me? Yeah, I've been good." You say as you shrug and take another small sip of your water. Deliah squints her eyes at you, "That didn't sound like a (Y/N) answer." You laugh some, "What's a (Y/N) answer supposed to sound like?"