Ch. 10 ~Here Goes Nothing~

At first showing Zak to Deliah sounded like a perfect idea since she loves the show and she's always talked about wanting to meet them, it would prove to make things much easier as well. Plus, them becoming friends sounded wonderful! But now that you and Zak are standing at your front door you're starting to get second thoughts.

"Zak are you sure about this? I didn't exactly give her a description about you." You say as you glance at him. To which he gives you a confident smile, "It'll be fine, like you said she's great at keeping secrets and she likes the show." You tilt your head at him, "So?" "So what's the difference between Zak on TV and Zak here?"

"Umm." You start while gently grabbing one of the chains on his wrists. Zak's smile crumbles a bit, "Right... Uh, forget I said that but can we at least try?" You look away from him then stare at your door again as you think it over, but your concentration is broken and you giggle when you feel Zak nuzzle your neck some, "Please?" He whispers. You laugh and gently cup his cheeks.

"Fine. But you gotta stop, cause that's too cute." He smiles at that, "That's what I'm here for." "Ah yes of course, how could that slip my mind?" You both laugh as you place a lovely smooch on his forehead then let him go before turning to face the door with a sigh, "Here goes nothing." You say as you turn the knob.

"Deliah?" You call out, "I'm back." You then step inside before glancing back at Zak, "Alright I'm gonna prepare her, so just stay out here for a second." You whisper as you close the door just in time to see Deliah rushing out of the kitchen beaming at you, "Tell me everything!" You snicker at her, "Ok, so to start off your advice worked." She squeals, "And?"

Here we go.

"And... He's right outside." Deliah starts to jump up and down while excitedly clapping but then stops, "Well what's he doing out there?" She asks as she starts making her way to the door but you catch her, "Because I was just gonna give you a heads up." Deliah blinks at you, obviously confused, "What do you mean?" You sigh, "Deliah you love me right?"

She gives you a look, "What kind of question is that?" "Just answer it please." Deliah shakes her head but responds, "Yes (Y/N), you're my cousin of course I love you." "Ok, so you trust me to make my own decisions right?" She sighs, "Yes, you are old enough to make your own decisions. What is this about (Y/N)?" "I'm getting to that, now can you keep a secret?" Deliah quirks a brow at you, "Yeah? I guess?" "No Deliah I need a serious yes or no."

Now your cousin is starting to get concerned, "Ok, ok. Yes I can keep a secret. But what does this have-" "I swear I'm getting to it right now, Just one more thing alright?" She exhales through her nose then nods, you nod back, "I want you to be open minded about this. I promise that's it, just keep a secret and be very open minded, ok?"

"(Y/N) you're starting to weird me out what does any of this have to do with the guy you like?" Deliah asks, causing you to shrug and lightly twiddle your fingers before responding, "Because he's... Different. And I just wanna prepare you for it." She snickers, "What, is he foreign or something?"

She tries to joke but seeing you not laugh with her, made her get the idea. "Oh come on (Y/N) he can't be that different." You only nod your head at her which makes Deliah cross her arms, "Alright fine, let's see him then." You nod and reach for the doorknob, "Now remember you promised, open minded and keep a secret got it?" She nods in affirmative. "Alright." You take a breath in and open the door while keeping your eye on her.

You watch as her eyes widen and her jaw drops, so quickly you jump for it, "Remember what we just agreed on!" Your cousin looks at you then back at Zak before walking over and grabbing you then proceeds to drag you upstairs, her wide eyes still trained on him, "Uh Zak you can come in this'll only take a minute, there's brownies in the kitchen."