VII.

LAMENT | VII.
(' KING'S LANDING ')

KING'S LANDING WAS a sight to see

KING'S LANDING WAS a sight to see. The Red Keep could be seen from miles out and Willa was ultimately impressed seeing capital, but it was also then when she realized that the capital was just a sight. It was not a place where she'd want to live or visit frequently. Kind of like the ruins of Harrenhal. To see the castle and its charred remains is a sight, but Willa would only wish to see it once and never again. She wished that this would be the last time she would ever be in King's Landing, except for Sansa's wedding of course.

"What do you think?" Edric asked when they stood outside the Red Keep. It was the first time she had seen the bastard since they arrived in King's Landing.

"It's impressive," Willa trailed off. She heard Edric's deep chuckle from beside her, and turned to face the tall bastard. "What?" she questioned.

"You say its impressive, but there is a look of disgust on your face," Edric said with a smile, "You can be honest with me Willa, I am no Lannister spy. I won't tell the Queen that you aren't enjoying your time in King's Landing."

Willa chuckled, "It must be the smell."

"Ah," Edric said with a nod, "You'll get used to it."

The two walked throughout the massive castle and Willa had to admit that the interior was far better than the exterior. She ran her hands over the walls in disbelief. The design was magnificent, and ancient. This castle once slept Daeron the Good and Jaehaerys I.

"Are you having fun?" Edric asked her, chuckling once again.

Willa spun to face him, a wide grin on her face, "All the great Targaryen kings once lived here."

"I take it you're interested in history?" Edric asked.

"I love it," Willa's gaze snapped to the stained glass that was further down the hall. She walked over and traced her fingers along the designs. "Dragons once circled this building."

"Dragons once circled all of the buildings," Edric said, "They also destroyed buildings."

"But they were incredible creatures," Willa frowned as she drew her hand away from the glass, "And in the end the Targaryens abused their power and their dragons."

"Dragons are no more," Edric told her.

"But the Targaryens are still around," Willa muttered.

"Yes," Edric said moving beside her, "But they are no threat."

Willa laughed, "You're a fool if you think that. Everyone one is a threat in one way or another."

"And are you a threat?" Edric asked her.

"Oh I'm the biggest one, with my fancy dresses and my knowledge of Westeros history," Willa joked and Edric laughed.

Willa found that she enjoyed the company of Edric. He was far better than Joffrey, and he reminded her of Robb in a sense. He was funny and uninterested in petty politics.