XXIII.

LAMENT. | XXIII.
(' THE PLOT ')

"ARE YOU SURE you have to leave?" Rickon asked Willa as she lied in bed with him

"ARE YOU SURE you have to leave?" Rickon asked Willa as she lied in bed with him. It was the night before they were supposed to leave for Highgarden and Willa wanted to put the young boy at ease.

"I am, but I will come back," Willa said with a small smile, "I came back last time, didn't I?"

"But you were gone for a long time," Rickon said, looking at the direwolf by the foot of his bed, "Shaggydog and I missed you."

"This time I won't be gone as long, and when you and Shaggydog start to miss me, I'll be walking through the gates of Winterfell," Willa told him.

"What if I miss you as soon as you leave?" Rickon asked.

"Then you hold Shaggydog really close and know that I'll be back as soon as possible," Willa tells him, "Can you do that?"

Rickon nods he stares up at Willa sadly, "I hate that you and Robb keep leaving. Sansa says that you shouldn't go because you're going to have a baby-" Rickon quickly covers his mouth as though he let a huge secret spill.

Willa laughs, "It's okay Rickon, everyone already knows."

Rickon grins widely, "You're having a baby?"

Willa nods and Rickon nearly bounces out of bed, "Is it a boy or a girl?"

"I don't know yet, but when I do, you'll be the first to know," Willa tells him, poking his nose. He grinned at her and pulled the covers closer to his chin.

"I feel better now. If you're having a baby, then you have to come back to Winterfell," Rickon says, "Then you'll have to stay here till the baby grows up."

Willa let out a laugh, "I guess you're right."

"I love you Willa," Rickon says softly.

"I love you too Rickon," Willa says, pressing a kiss to his forehead.

She gets up off of his bed and blows out the candle in his room before shutting the door as gently as she could. She nearly jumped out of her skin when she saw Sansa and Arya standing in the hallway, both with frowns on their face.

"You're pregnant and you're still leaving?" Sansa asks, "What about the baby?"

"We'll be back before I give birth," Willa tells her.

"But what if you aren't? What if your father kidnaps you?" Arya rapidly spits out causing Sansa to hit her on the shoulder.

"I told you to let me do the talking," Sansa muttered.

"Sorry," Arya apologizes, "But she's being stupid."

"I'm standing right here," Willa says looking between the two girls.