XIV.

LAMENT | XIV.
(' FAMILY, DUTY, HONOR ')

WORD HAD GOTTEN AROUND quick in the Seven Kingdoms

WORD HAD GOTTEN AROUND quick in the Seven Kingdoms. Everyone had heard of the attack on King's Landing and how Lannister forces were weakened. When word made it to Maidenpool, an argument arose between two siblings.

"Robb is in King's Landing. We're closer to King's Landing than we are Winterfell, why can't we just go back to King's Landing?" Willa asked her older brother, a frown on her face.

"Say we go back to King's Landing and Lannister reinforcements show up. What then Willa?"

"Robb and Stannis's troops will outnumber any force that comes," WIlla said. Her brother scoffed, his eyes rolling.

"Willa just for a second could you stop being a naive little girl and grow up?" Olyvar demanded, "Westeros is at war. I get you want to see Robb but he isn't in a safe place right now."

Willa's lips pursed together, "I stopped being a little girl when I was nine, when my brother attempted to rape me and my father wanted to sell me off, do you remember that?"

Olyvar's eyes narrow, "Of course I remember. I was the one who saved you. I'm always the one saving you."

Willa sighed, "No one told you to keep saving me."

"Your mother did," Olyvar retorted, "I was only eight years old and she made me vow to keep you safe as she was dying. You're my little sister Willa. Robb isn't your husband yet, which means I have to protect you, do you understand?"

The words on Willa's tongue disappeared as she stared at her brother. She hadn't spoken of her mother in years. Willa can't even remember what she looked like, or what she sound like. Her mother seemed like a whole different life ago.

"I understand," Willa said softly. There was no point in fighting Olyvar, because he was right. It was best if she went to Winterfell instead of King's Landing, besides she would get to see Rickon, Arya, and Bran again. She'd get to see Catelyn again, how she missed them.

But Winterfell would never be the same, not while Robb was away and with Lord Stark dead.

***

"Is the boy alright?" Stannis Baratheon questioned his Hand. The battle had been finished with Joffrey surrendering to the allied Stark and Baratheon forces. He was now being held in the dungeons along with his mother and younger brother.

"The maester says he lost a lot of blood, but that he was able to disinfect the wound and close it," Ser Davos informed, "The boy has the heart of a wolf."

Stannis nodded, "Yes. He is quite the fighter." Turning to Davos he asked, "Is there no word of the Frey or Stark girl?"

Davos sighed, shaking his head, "It appears as though they escaped before the siege. Right under their noses."