XVII.

LAMENT | XVII.
( ' THE NEW THREAT ' )

"A WEDDING!" Sansa said, clasping her hands together as she fidgeted full of excitement, "Oh this is wonderful!"

Arya watched her older sister with a frown, "Why are you acting like you're getting married?"

Sansa shot Arya a look, "Shut up! This is a joyous occasion and I should be excited."

"Not more excited than the actual bride," Arya muttered, earning a laugh from Willa who was watching the sisters argue.

"Arya go easy on her," Willa intervened, "Sansa can be excited if she wants to."

"Thank you," Sansa said, but Arya just stuck her tongue out at Sansa, causing the girl to sigh deeply.

"Willa," a new voice said, interrupting the banter between the two sisters. All three girls glanced up to see Rylen standing in the threshold of Rylen's chambers. There was a look of worry on her face, which was suddenly contagious. Sansa sat up a little straighter, and there was no longer a teasing smile on Arya's face.

"What is it?" Willa asked softly.

"There's word from King's Landing," Rylen said her eyes flickering from Willa to the two girls. Willa understood that Rylen didn't want the two girls to hear this.

Willa turned to them, "I'll be back."

They said nothing and just nodded. Willa stood up from the bed and followed Rylen out of the room.

"Well?" she asked when they were a good distance away.

"News from King Stannis," Rylen said bitterly, "The Lannisters escaped."

Willa's eyes widened, "All of them?"

"Joffrey, Cersei, Tommen, and The Kingslayer," Rylen says, "They're fleeing to Casterly Rock."

"How did they escape?" Willa asked.

"Robb knows the details. He and Lady Catelyn are in the Great Hall," Rylen tells her.

"Thank you. Can you keep an eye on the girls?" Rylen nods and Willa thanks her before heading toward the Great Hall.

When she enters, she finds Robb sitting, his head resting on his right hand, a piece of parchment in his left. Catelyn sits beside him, a frown on her face. When the doors shut behind Willa, both Starks look up at her.

"Willa," Robb says, standing up upon seeing her.

"Is it true? That the Lannisters are back at Casterly Rock where they can call their banners and reclaim the iron throne?"

"Willa," Robb says again, but the blonde girl shakes her head.

"Joffrey is a monster. Cersei is a monster, yet they roam free," Willa says, "They will come North, Robb. They'll come for you, for me, for all of us."