Choice

Avadh felt his beast cry as it watched Iker run away. But Avadh stayed put. He had a lot of things to get to and he has no time for such dramatics, be it his wolf or his mate. Avadh got back. He and Algernon discussed the deal they were to sign and a possible expansion of the deal.

Avadh has to go back home that evening itself. So he gets to Ahem who is near Cristian listening as the Alpha told him the pack history.

"I have to leave. But I will be back in a couple of days after informing the family. I had come straight from the southern moors. Also, you know they won't be able to visit as the land is on complete lockdown. So both of you please visit whenever you feel like it" said Avadh and looked at Cristian.

"Alpha Cristian. Let me take leave" said Avadh.

Cristian nodded.

"Be careful and get back safe," said Cristian and placed his hand on Avadh's head in a loving gesture.

Avadh glared at Ahem.

"I see you have corrupted him too. I always knew this would happen," said Avadh and shook his head and walked out. He got to the room he was staying in and packed his bag. He was about to leave when he looked at Iker's room. His mate was not yet back and would miss Avadh's departure. Avadh sighed and left.

Iker howled, giving in as he felt his mate leave. He could feel the distance- the pain. He ran back home and ran up and reached the door to Avadh's room and sighed. He felt better. The man's scent lingered. So he slept in the room. Iker blamed his wolf- his stupid stupid wolf.

Meanwhile, Avadh couldn't sleep. He felt the emptiness now more than ever and reluctantly thought about Iker. Sleep came and Avadh realised he won't be able to hold back now that he knows who his mate is.

Iker did not leave the room even in the morning. The room still had the scent and he let it relax him a bit before getting out of the bed. He knew there is no point in feeling bad for being dependent, weak. Still, he was angry at himself.

Iker was agitated throughout the day. He was so agitated that when the last meeting of the day came, he really wishes he had postponed it. It was with a rogue pack. One of them was mouthing off and Iker just raised his knife and slashed his head and left. He was that agitated.

However, shocker came the next morning when both his nieces went missing and the rogue pack had left a note. Iker realises it was in revenge and cursed his impulsiveness for the first time. He ran from wood to wood, searching for them. The rogues have masked their scent. Iker sighed and opened his mind link.

Avadh was on his way back when he felt the mind link open for the first time.

"Rogues have taken my nieces, I need help," said Iker

"Hold on," said Avadh and contacted his people.

"In the valley- they are in the valley," said Avadh in a few minutes.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Iker was quick. He did not care that he was alone. There was no time to waste. What if they did something to his little angels. Even though they were his brothers' kids, they meant no less for him.

He did not mind the swords or the crosses that came his way. The rogues use silver with a handle, the bastards. Iker saw his nieces and they saw Iker.

"Unce Ikeee," both called and Iker's heart broke a little. Iker rushed to them as the last rogue also fell but then before he could get them into his arms, he felt a burning pain on his back.

One of the bastards were alive and has struck a silver cross through him. Iker pulled it out and cuts off the rogues head with it making sure that the girls' face was turned. Iker took the kids in his arm and ran. He ran and ran feeling, the time slipping by. He reached the packhouse and got to the hall. Their mothers took them and Iker reached outt to touch their heads

"Don't touch our kids. You are the one who put them in danger. Why do you never learn?" asked Valen, his anger was visible.

"Have you not done enough, since the day your dad and then you stepped into our lives, I have never known peace?" said Katherine.

Iker has never let anything hurt him. Never. Surely this would also not hurt.

"There is a limit to everything, that includes having to put up with you- you have crossed all the limits now. No one wants you here. Why don't you fucking go away and save us all the trouble?" said Zal furious as he checked over the girls.

Iker did not hear neither Cristian and Ahem or Hale defending him. So probably they agreed. He felt the pain in his back double. And then he fell backwards only to be caught by Avadh who came rushing in. Avadh saw Iker's state and his eyes lit up golden and he growled when anyone tried to approach them. They all watched as Avadh slid his hand into Iker's shirt and ran his hand through the wound. Iker's wound healed but he was so drained that he fell into Avadh's arms. Avadh caught him, the glow leaving his eyes. But Avadh found himself sniffing Iker, ensuring he was safe.

When the realisation finally struck , everyone was looking in awe.

"He is your mate," said Cristian.

"Yes" said Avadh and lifted Iker and rushed upstairs. Ahem brought a traditional medicine to heal the cut properly.

Avadh refused to see his mate without his permission, so he looked at Cristian who took over. Cristian and Ahem applied the medicine.

They sat on Iker's side as Hale sat on the leg side.

Iker opened his eyes after a few hours.

"Are you feeling okay? " asked Cristian

Iker nodded. He did not speak which worried all three.

"I want to talk to him" said Iker finally.

Avadh was at the door. All three left.

"Will you take me with you?" asked Iker.

Avadh looked at him, but Iker was not looking at him. He was looking blankly at the wall.

"Of course. That's where you belong." said Avadh.

Iker snorted but did not say anything. He just fell back asleep. Avadh looked at his mate and turned to leave. He hesitated a moment before he sighed and pulled the blanket over him and walked out.

----------