Second is Not a Bad Place After All

Iker's family left the next day. Zal decided to go back with his family as he decided that his mate has to prove himself worthy. Viraat has outmaneuvered him and asked Cris' permission to come and stay with the Ilse pack to which the Alpha agreed happily.

He liked having more little brothers to take care of. And Zal did need his mate, whatever botched up romantic ideas he has.

Once they all left, even Hale- Iker felt a certain sort of iciness. He was not sensing anything. It was his wolf's despair, he knew. The distance he was keeping from Avadh was affecting the wolf.

He could see it was affecting Avadh too. He was now sitting leaning back on the sofa on the other side of the bed. Iker knew he had an important and very dangerous meeting and the man needed the energy.

"I can feel you weakening- For the sake of this land's safety- I wouldn't mind having a little intimacy with you," said Iker, sitting down next to Avadh on the sofa.

Avadh looked at him and Iker didn't know what was going through his head.

Then Avadh pulled Iker to his lap. They were sitting on the sofa and practically eating each other's face soon. The distance has taken away any semblance of control they had on their urges.

As they were shirtless, their hands moved a bit faster. Iker flushed but kept going knowing that the bond has to settle or all will be in peril. They can't afford to have the Alpha King out of commission.

Iker ran his hand down the man's biceps. Iker was now on top of Avadh as they were now leaned back on the sofa. He took his time to look at Avadh's biceps. His huge built and his body is awe inspiring. It made Iker possessive. Iker started to mark Avadh everywhere, whose beast was enjoying Iker's possessiveness. 

Iker felt Avadh's hand on his ass and squirmed a bit, but did not reject the touch. He was flipped soon and did not protest.  Iker was no less in the case of a sexy body. Iker had the build of an Alpha like Avadh and was now slowly running his hand through Avadh's hair as he was getting kissed in every part of his body. 

Iker felt Avadh's hand go lower. He did not stop the man. He couldn't help but groan when he felt Avadh's bare hands squeeze his butt as the man looked at him and then lowered his mouth to Iker's nipple. Iker keened. The pleasure was too much. 

Avadh's hand reached for his cock. He has a pretty good size on him. Iker slid his hand inside Avadh's boxers too. Iker went straight for his cock. the man was hung and Iker felt another wave of lust wash through him. They were bringing each other off. It was exhilarating, to touch, to feel one's mate and they were feeling it now.

When they came, it was entirely different. They have never had such an orgasm in their lives. Avadh looked at Iker. Iker turned away, refusing to look at Avadh now that he has given the man what he needed. Iker just got up and went off to wash.

Avadh knew he should go to Iker, tell him that this did matter- that, 'them' did matter. But, he also knew Iker wouldn't let him in. He has learned it the hard way. Iker had been a stone cold wall for the past ten days. It has been ten long days since their marriage and Iker had been as cold as he was when they first met. Oh, he spoke to Ma and the brothers and the kids. It was just Avadh that he never spoke to. And then Avadh realized, this was the first time Iker spoke to him after that day.

There was so much drain in the bond, there was no energy left. Now, he felt better. Avadh rushed to the meeting. 

Later, Iker was running a hand through his nieces' head as she read out a story loudly for all to hear when he felt a lurch. Iker knew what it was. Avadh was in danger. He ran through the woods without stopping and froze when he reached the man. He looked dead, covered in blood.

Iker let out an earsplitting roar. The only thing that could make Avadh fall was deception. And Iker could smell who deceived. Some of the newly recruited guards were rogues, it seems. Rogues, who have covered their smell.

Iker grabbed the man and ran back in his wolf form. Even in his human form, Avadh was so powerful and heavy. It was a difficult journey. Ma was in shock and others got the healer who immediately initiated treatment.

Iker stood near, tetchy and furious. He wanted his husband to get up and ask about his people. He was sure that would be the man's first question. He was furious at Avadh, he still was. But Iker also noticed one thing in the two months he has known the man. He lived for his people, not for himself. He has never seen Avadh do anything for just himself and that included even a sweet he ate. He didn't understand how a person can be so selfless. Iker was selfish and he did have his fits, but his mate, the man was focussed only on people.

Avadh gained consciousness a couple of hours later. The man had his eyes closed.

"Iker," he called. Iker was surprised.

"Yes, I am here," he said going into his field of vision as he slowly opened his eyes.

"Are they all safe?" he asked.

"Yes," said Iker.

"And what about the conspirators?" asked Avadh.

Iker did not say anything.

"You might find parts of their mangled body in some parts of the wood. He had thrown them after tearing them apart" said Atrey smiling and looking with admiration at his older brother- in- law.

Avadh looked at Iker whose face betrayed no emotions. He just looked at Avadh's wound and brought the medicine the healer has asked to be poured into them regularly. 

"Can you please give us a minute, Atrey?," asked Avadh.

Atrey nodded and left.  

Iker looked at Avadh.

"We have nothing to talk about," said Iker slowly.

"We do, Iker.  Do you know how reckless it was for you to run into the woods looking for me?" asked Avadh.

There was so much honesty in that question that Iker realised, Avadh himself came at the end of the ladder in the man's prioroty list. Finally Iker was able to forgive Avadh to an extend.