Epilogue

Viraat went on his knees looking at Zal who sat down on the sofa with their son in his arms.

"Vir, can you - can you go find Jana?" asked Zal.

Vir nodded and trotted off.

Viraat looked at Zal.

"No Alpha Viraat, I did not accept James' proposal. No, I did not know I was pregnant. No, there has not been a day I have not thought about the What If's"

Zal wanted to say all those things. But Viraat was pulling him close. He was pressing their head together and Zal closed his eyes letting the man see and accepting his offer to see. They saw what happened in their lives in the past almost three years.

Viraat was crying as he held Zal in his arms.

"Oh, Love I never meant to hurt you like this, desert you like this," said Viraat holding Zal close to his heart. 

"I am so sorry. I never meant to drive you away. I just- I was just so scared," said Zal.

"I know, love. I am sorry I cheated on you- us- our bond- I- I don't deserve your forgiveness. I never knew you could feel it- oh and I callously thought what would it matter, my god," said Viraat sobbing.

"It is in the past. You had broke up with me. It was not cheating but it hurt yes. I am sorry that we both hurt each other," said Zal.

Viraat looked at Zal and at that moment he reaffirmed his promises to Zal. 

He promised his fidelity, his love, his care and every breath of himself to Zal.

Zal was also making his promise to Viraat. He made the promise to always trust him, to always love him and care for him, and a promise of his utmost fidelity to Viraat.

"You named him Viraj," said Viraat.

"I was sure the narcissist in you would want a name like yours," quipped Zal and Viraat felt the laughter bubble up in him. Zal just wanted the name to have a part of Viraat in it.

----------------------------------------------------

Zal sent Viraat to freshen up and went down to get Viraj and some food.

Viraat did so and went to the drawing room and stopped on his tracks as he looked at the pictures. The first picture had Cristian and Ahem holding Vir. Cristian was making Vir sit on horseback. In the next picture, Iker was holding Vir as he held the child on Avadh's back who was giving him a piggy back ride.

All four of their sons were also in the picture along with Ira, Anthony and Tara. Next one was a picture of all the kids alone. Then there was a picture of Vansh throwing Vir up in the air as Ira jumped from the ground and Hale looked on.

Then there was a picture of Ma holding Vir in her arms and then of Algernon and Katherine holding his son.

Viraat saw a picture of his dominated the wall. It was him in his reckless years. He looked so oblivious and carefree and happy. Well, he had not known the meaning of happiness then.

Then to the right side was the picture of Vir probably at his birth. Zal was holding the baby in his arms. Tears glistened in the side of Zal's eyes. That was the only picture of Zal in the wall and he looked so sad and yet so happy in it. Viraat sat on the sofa as he studied each picture, wiping away the tears that fell from his eyes.

He wishes he was the one who took his son on the first horse ride, given him a piggy back ride or just gave him the first joy of heights, revelling in his son's trust when he throws him up and catches him as firm as dear life. But Viraat was happy that his son missed out on nothing. His uncles has not let him.

Zal found Viraat like this and sat down next to him. Viraj was in his arms.

"Vir, this is your Father," said Zaleno.

Vir looked at Viraat and then at the picture on the wall and then back.

Vir extended his hand and pulled at the beard which made Viraat laugh and cry at the same time. The beard apparently affected his appearance. He hugged his son close to his heart and he felt Zal move away but Viraat grabbed his hand. Zal turned and found himself in his mate's arms. Viraat kissed his son on his forehead and then turned to Zal and kissed on his forehead too.

--------------------------------------------------------

Vansh still felt the need to drink at times. He would look at the faces of Hale and Ira and then as Hale has asked him to do, he wakes them up. It didn't matter even if it was the dead of the night, they would both sit with him. Like now. It was 2. 30 pm and Vansh couldn't sleep. He was feeling the need for alcohol and he woke them up. He had refused at first saying he can't reduce their lives to being just his caretakers. But, Hale had told him one sentence, a simple sentence which was true and it was what drove Vansh to live, to see the smile on Hale and Ira's face.

"You forget that you are all we have," Hale had said.

Hale was now inside Vansh's arms as Ira sat on their lap as she watched the cartoon. Vansh was happy. He is now sober for over four years without any relapse and he was happy, happier than he thought he ever would be. His wolf was back to its full strength. The wound on his leg had healed the day Ira was born. He was playing again locally. But the habit he picked up in his years of woe was the only black mark in his life now. He will get through that too and prove himself to be worthy of Hale and Ira.

--------------------------------------------------------

Iker looked at all four of his sons who were asleep. Avadh stood behind him, arms around his waist. Iker turned his head a bit and kissed on Avadh's cheek and cuddled himself into his husband's arm and smiled into his chest.

"King, I love you," said Iker.

Avadh smiled a bit into Iker's hair and said  "I love you too Iker."

--------------------------------------------------