Priorities

Iker was fuming. If Avadh thought he was going to leave his home because he got his Kingly knickers in a twist, he has another thing coming. He knew his emotionally unstable mate well enough to understand what was driving him to create distance between them.

Ma had told him of the man's stupid abusive grandfather who only believed in power when he was hearing the stories of the palace. He knew how much the massacre had an impact on Avadh. That does not mean he was going to forgive his husband dearest, that man will be lucky if he ever lets him touch Iker.

Iker looked at Ma.

"Oh, the silent treatment always works, trust me," said Ma.

"I hope so. I don't know how I can make him understand that I am okay being his second priority, that I would rather have him than not have him at all. God, that's the sappiest thing to ever leave my mouth. If you repeat that I said those words, I will deny that atrocious allegation," said Iker.

Ma smiled at his dramatics. She loves Iker like her own son. He had been so upset and she told him her story. When she was mated to Avadh's father- the man was the shadow of the most horrific Alpha King in the history. Avadh's grandfather was a merciless man. He was ruthless. He believed mates were a weakness and instilled the same in his kids. Though he never mistreated his own mate, he had never really shown any care towards her either. He even had a lot of relationships before his mating and was even unfaithful to his mate. He had brought up his kids to believe that mates were a weakness. Avadh's dad had been a stubborn man. But Ma's love had changed him and Avadh's grandfather resented it.

His grandfather did love the grandmother to some extent and when she died, he blamed it on Avadh's dad. He knew Avadh wanted what was best for all.

Iker was wary of going back to Ilse. After finding his home, he had forgotten that he might have to come back to Ilse and no matter how much of an ass Avadh was being at the moment, his home was with that man.
Iker hated leaving the palace in a hurry, snapping at Avadh, not even clarifying. Maybe someone told him.

He was angry and didn't want to correct the asshole's misconception. Iker was also glad that Avadh forbade him from leaving. It meant a lot and he knew the man might be fuming.

Iker was greeted by the whole family, still in shock of the changes that took place in the past four months. Iker went to his old room.  Iker's thoughts were filled with Avadh.

---------------------------------------

In the palace, Avadh sat back in his room. He looked around the room. Everything spoke of Iker. Iker had made the room lived in. He was the one who purchased the vases, the colourful curtains, the family pictures, and then there were books and files. Avadh imagined Iker in his arms.

Next day was one of the worst days of his life. He had no clue why he distanced himself from Iker when it hurt like this.

Viraat had called and said that everything was fine, still, he just needed to see Iker and hold him in his arms.

Meanwhile, Iker was also itching to go back home and see Avadh. He could feel the sadness coming off the bond. He won't be forgiving Avadh soon, but he did not want the man to hurt.

Ahem looked cute with his pregnancy. Cris looked so happy.

He wondered how Avadh will react when they finally get pregnant. Iker was eager to get back home. He just wanted to be back with his husband.

---------------------------------

Avadh came home early that day knowing Iker will be home in no time. However, he froze when he saw his Ma running in.

"Ma what happened? Where is Iker? " asked Avadh.

"He was protecting me and they knew he would. They used a silver trap," said Ma.

Avadh froze.

"King, there is an attack in northern and southern borders," said guards rushing in.

Avadh froze. His Iker was caught by enemies and his people were being attacked. He will have to make a choice. The thought of something happening to Iker burned his soul.

"Vansh, go aid the northern side," said Avadh.

Vansh nodded and rushed off. 

Avadh worked his mind link and was able to contact the man he wanted to reach.

"Yes, Avadh? Is everything alright? Are they home safe?" asked Cris's voice.

"No. Brother, they have taken Iker, and are attacking from north and south. I have sent Vansh to the north, please send him aid and I want your help," said Avadh.

"Want me to look for Iker?" asked Cris.

"No, I will look for Iker. Give me one hour- protect the frontiers for one hour," said Avadh.

"Okay, done," said Cris.

Avadh ran.

------------------------------------------

Iker glared at the old woman staring at him. She had her own set of men around her all looking menacingly at him. Iker sneered.

"Your King, let's see how he protects his people now? When his mate is tied up and his people are attacked from two sides," cackled the woman. She seemed to be around Ma's age.

"Who the fuck are you? You don't know him well enough if you think he will come looking for me before defending his people," said Iker.

"I am Alpha Aldera," said the woman.

"Ah, so you are the bitch who creates issues at the frontiers for fun and drives my husband to those places at the dead of the night," said Iker.

"You are under my captivity and it will be in your best interests to keep your mouth shut except to cry," she sneered.

Iker snorted. 

"One would think you wouldn't underestimate the man mated to the King," said Iker.

"You will cry for mercy when I kill your man in front of you," said Aldera.

"Oh please, for one thing, you won't be able to take a nail off him, let alone kill him and second, he is not coming- at least not till his people are safe," said Iker.

Avadh reached the place and heard the words. He felt his heartbreak at the amount of sadness he has caused his mate.  

"Oh, is your mate neglecting you? I can ask some of these boys to help you,'" said Aldera.

"The moment you try to force me sexually, I will cease to exist you, foolish woman. I belong to the King. His duties are my duties. His priorities are my priorities. Not because he is a King. Because he is the greatest Alpha King in the history of royals. He lives for his people. And all I am offering him is my unflinching devotion and faithfulness. Not one dirty hand will touch me," said Iker.

Aldera could sense the truth in his words and decided to stop with her taunts. This man was very powerful and she knew it. However, to draw Avadh here, this was a necessary risk. And Avadh, well, she had already designed a trap for him. A metallic trap made of many combinations of metals.

"Well I would rather not die inside your well-crafted traps, Aldera," said Avadh as he stepped in throwing away the remnants of the trap she had set.

Who do you think is Vansh's mate? And Who is Atrey's mate? I have given the clues in the story itself.