Chapter 8 - "...my friends call me Jennie"

"You really have an eye when it comes to photography now, don't you?" Jennie smiled while she was looking at the photographs Lisa took of her moments before.

"I think it's just that someone is a really great model!" Lisa blurted out in excitement. She meant what she said, but she wasn't sure if those words would make Jennie feel uncomfortable for any reason.

"Awww, you're so kind, thank you so much!" Jennie smiled at the compliment and gently touched Lisa's shoulder. There it is again. A touch. I don't think I'll ever wash these clothes. She's so adorable and kind.

"So wait, is photography what you do for a living or? I mean, is it your source of income, your passion, both?"

"Haha, well, for now, it's more of a passion. I have done some weddings and smaller editorials. I've been given money for my work, but I know it's a really challenging industry. So now I'm focused on finishing college and finding a job that will guarantee me a safe income."

"And while you're studying and looking for a job...?" Jennie paused.

"Yeah, while I'm doing all of that, I still want to take photographs and I still do whatever I can to get my photos out into the world."

"Do you have an Instagram account? Or Facebook? Or anything where I can see more of your work? I know nothing about photography, but you're photos look really pretty... And not just because I'm in them." Jennie laughed and Lisa laughed along.

"I have every social media platform known to man since MySpace."

"You still have a MySpace account?" Jennie giggled.

"Yes!" Lisa proclaimed proudly. "I don't post much there, but I still do."

"That is adorable and I mean that in the most sincere way possible!" they both laughed and Lisa even blushed slightly at the compliment. A small silence appeared again but Jennie wanted to break it as soon as possible:

"So?"

"Oh yeah, my social media!" Lisa said in terror. She wants to add me on social media? Naw, she's just saying that to be nice. I mean, she is nice... But naw... I'll show her my Instagram account so she can look at the photographs. She'll smile kindly and we will forget about it as soon as I close my phone. Lisa opened up her Instagram account and showed Jennie her profile. Meanwhile, while Jennie was still looking at Lisa's profile, she took out her phone out of her bag and started typing.

"LisaBanBan?" Jennie commented on Lisa's username.

"Yeah." Lisa smiled nervously.

"BanBan... is that like another nickname or...?"

"Oh, yeah, you see, my last name is Manoban... And some people like to call me BanBan, so yeah... It's silly, I know."

"Ma-no-ban? Is that how you pronounce it, I didn't hear you correctly."

"Yes, yes!" Lisa cheered happily.

"And how do you spell it?" Lisa was confused by this question but still answered quickly, not looking at what Jennie was doing with her phone.

"M-A-N-O-B-A-N" She replied.

"There, I found you, now I've added you on Facebook from my private account." Jennie said calmly and with a smile on her face.

"What?" Lisa deadpanned.

"Well, you don't have to accept my friend request, I just thought it would be a nice thing to do, now that we're talking about your photography, and you know, since you came all this way..." Jennie said with an even bigger smile.