Three

Forth

My eyes are about to close but I am still fighting, I am too tired to wait but too afraid to go out where Beam is. I pulled my phone in my drawer and check it. I burst out crying when I saw Beam's text messages and missed calls just then I realized I am not home for a week. He must have been felt so alone. I punch my chest to lessen the pain I am feeling, what kind of a boyfriend I am? I didn't even gave him a call after those missed calls he's been giving me for the past days.

I close my eyes and let the tears flow.  I prayed again for the nth time hoping God would listen.

Give me a chance, please! I want to see Beams face smiling at me like he used to again. I don't want to see him in this state. 

Please...

"Doctor Jamornhum!" 

I open my eyes and saw Arthit looking down at me. Was it all a dream? I smiled. I looked around and realized I am at our rest area I pulled out my phone immediately to call Beam but was distracted when someone enter the room.

"An accident happened at the main road, victims are being transferred here because the nearest Hospital cannot accommodate everyone."

Everyone who has heard the news immediately stood up from resting. I cannot reach Beam still so I decided to call Phana instead, after 4 rings he answered.

"Pha? Are you with Beam?"

(P-P'....)

Hearing his voice made me shiver, just then I realized what the sounds are in the background.

Don't tell me...

"Forth! Let's go, quick!"

No, that's the way Arthit calls me when the accident where Beam was involved happened.

I check the date December 23,20xx 10:47 pm.

"Pha! Where are you?"

The call ended and I don't know if it's because of the connection or he just don't want to talk to me. I immediately followed my colleagues and just like what I saw in my dreams the casualties same person, same noises, same cries. The feeling of not wanting to watch what's going on because you feel pity out of it.

If this is what happened in my dream then a student patient will be entering the room---- I haven't finished calculating what's going to happen next when the said student with the assistance of the volunteers went in.

Fuck.

She's my first patient for this. I immediately walk in their direction and goes as per what I should do. I am going to wait for what's going to happen. Please don't let it go as my dream.

Moments later I forgot about my dreams because I became too busy tending the patients. When I saw a new patient went in I look at Arthit and saw that he is not yet done with his patient I nod and decided to take care of it.

"I'll do it."

He nod back and I immediately walk towards the patient.

A volunteer sees me and immediately gave me information about the patient. I signaled a nurse who I saw just finished in her patient to help me. She handed me the equipment and wait for instructions.

"A man in early 20's also caught in the accident happened in the main road exactly an hour ago. He's with his 3 friends but he is the most injured as he's driving the car and as per the investigation he tried to shove the car in the direction his friends won't be affected--"

As I listen to him I quietly scan the patient and my hands immediately shakes as I saw who it was and realized what happened. Covered by the blood, unconscious and looks so helpless. I suddenly broke down my knees lost it's strength and my eyes started to cry the pain I was just seeing a while ago. This is exactly what he looks in my dream! How can it be true? is this another dream?

"B-Beam."

I can't even hear those words. This is just a dream! He can't be here because he should be there, at our house answering my phone calls! I tried so hard to think that it was just someone who looks like Beam when the confirmation hits me again, like what happened in my dream.

"P'Forth..."

"W-Why didn't you tell me?"

Phana just bowed his head while saying sorry. I closed my eyes and when I opened it Arthit is in front of me.

"I'll do it, take a rest."

"No. I' ll do it with you this time I am not just going to wait again."

I saw his confused eyes. I tried hard not to cry so he won't throw me out, good thing he started too. 

---

I looked at my hands, my useless hands who can't do anything to saved the one I love. I revived many patients and help some survive but why can't I do that with Beam? Why does he have to die in my hands?

"Forth..."

"Please just leave me alone just this once, Arthit."

He nodded and as soon as he is gone I immediately punch the wall so hard until I feel numb there. I cried hard not because I wasn't able to stop Beam's death but because he died in my hands. I am useless!

"AHHHHHH!"

"You lied."

I looked at where the voice is coming, there I saw a young man with his headphones on staring down at me. He looks familiar but I can't remember where I saw him.

"What did you say?"

He step forward to get near to me.

"I said you lied. I thought you're going to do anything to make him live, but still he died."

I stood up and faced him this time. How come he knew about those things?

"W-Who are you?"

"I am the Deity of Chances and I am bored, do you want a second chance of seeing your boyfriend?"

I look at him like he's crazy.

"In expense of anything. Just tell me if you want to see him alive again. Because like what I told you, I am bored."

                                                     ________________

Photo credit to the rightful owner. 💕