Four

Forth

I opened my eyes and stood up then do things I supposed to do. When I look at the mirror I almost couldn't recognize myself anymore. Yeah, the bored Deity of chances gave me another chance of being able to see Beam alive again but in exchange of the thing I couldn't imagine I have to do. I decided to go downstairs and saw my little brother playing there with his classmates.

"Pang..."

He looks up and stop what he is doing.

"Yes?"

"Where's mom and dad?"

"They are out of the country, haven't they told you? Ah. Maybe because they don't want to disturb your sleep."

I nodded, I notice that unlike the usual he is with his 3 friends. I look around and saw him there, maybe Pang noticed I've been looking at his new "friend"

"Ah. This is Wave. He is a transfer student."

Wow. The bored Deity has an identity now, and he is being friends with my brother. He looks at me then gave a smirk, he likes where he is now. What does he want? Seriously? I rolled my eyes then went directly at the kitchen and eat my lunch. I sighed as I remember what I have to do to keep Beam alive.

Beam

"Someone's smiling from ear to ear here. Why would it be?"

I rolled my eyes at Kit. They do love to tease me everytime they have a chance.

"Offcourse who wouldn't be happy seeing his long time crush again?"

"Pha! You also? Stop teasing me guys okay!"

They look at each other meaningfully, I gave up because there's nothing I can do but let them do what they wanted.

Minutes passed and our classmates came already, our department's president welcomed everyone and introduce today's speaker.

"...None other than Mr. Jamornhum."

Everyone applauded including me. Can't stop myself from smiling even if we're far from each other.

"Told you guys, someone would be happy today."

I look at Kit and he even raised his eyebrows up and down at me. I shook my head but chose not to say anything. I was smiling brightly when Mr. Jamornhum look at my way, I was taken aback for a moment but smile sweetly after. I don't know what he was thinking that time but I have noticed that he stop talking which made everyone in the room curious.

They look at where the speaker was looking until they found out about me. They threw me a questioning look, I shrugged and thank goodness he starts with his lecture again.

"What was that Beam? What's with smiling at him like you're flirting? Huh?"

Pha whispered at me, his eyes still fixed at P'Forth.

"Shut up."

I started to jot down notes also and tried so hard to concentrate on what the very SPECIAL speaker was talking about. Good thing I was able to forced myself to do so until he finished talking. They had a simple ceremony with giving of token until some students requested to take photos with him.

I've got a bit jealous when the most pretty girl in the department went close to him and his response made the people around yelp. I rolled my eyes.

Kit put his hands on my shoulder.

"You don't have to be so jealous. I've heard he is still single and that he is not interested with girls."

"Who told you that?"

"My cousin, Arthit. They are close. So don't you worry. This is not fake news.

I look at where P'Forth is again. In the first place I don't have the right to get jealous because I am just someone he knew. We don't have anything other than that. Sigh.

_______________