Thirteen

Beam

I stared at P'Forth, he is really too cute for me to handle. I can't name this emotion I am feeling right now, it's as if there's only good thing today in my life.

"Let me carry those."

He gets the plastic bag in my hand after he book a cab for us. I smiled at him the truth is we can just put it down but he doesn't like that.

"Thank you P'forth."

"What's there to say thank you for? You're my lover and I am not here to make your life worst. I am here to love you all my life."

I pinches his cheek after he said that. Why is he so cheesy?!

"Stop with that sweet talks P' okay! It's not funny anymore."

I even frown. His smiles are gone when he saw my reaction and immediately put down the plastic bags he is holding to check me.

"I am sorry. Did I offend you?"

He held both my cheeks using his hands. I smiled and kiss him in the lips which made him taken a back.

"Stop saying things that's making my heart beat fast. You know my condition."

I remove his hands in my cheek and get the plastic bag, the driver came minutes after that I can even see P'Forth smiling from time to time.

When we enter the car I smell something different. I was about to ask P' but he seems out of his mind still because of what I did.

I thought he won't notice what I smell but minutes later he started looking out where it is coming from. I look at the rear-view mirror and saw that the driver is barely opening his eyes out of sleepiness.

"P'---?"

"Sir. Let's Stop the car first please."

The driver doesn't seem to hear what he says because he keeps on driving--if you can still call that driving. My heart started to beats faster than the usual because I started to feel nervous about what's going on.

"Sir! Stop the car! "

"Shit! "

P' yells again. I hold his hand immediately when the car started to sway. P' tried to get the driver out when we notice he passed out, but it's too late-- we hear different sounds from the cars around us and for the last time P'Forth hug me before the loud crashing sounds appear and everything went black.

Thugsh. Thugsh. Thugsh!!!

"HEY CAN YOU HEAR ME!?"

"WAKE UP! YOU NEED TO STAY AWAKE! DO YOU HEAR ME!??"

So many lights. It's blurring my eyes.

"HE'S MOVING SIR! THIS ONE'S AWAKE!"

"MOVE! MOVE! GET OUT OF THE WAY!"

"STRETCHERS OVER HERE!"

"Hey! Can you here me!?"

I don't know if the guy is talking to me or what.

P'Forth? Where are you?

"P--P' F-o-rth..."

"You can talk!! Tell me your name!"

Ah he is really talking to me. I want to stand up but I can't feel my body, what is this? Why can't I explain what's going on with me?

"Kid! What's your name?!!"

"B---Be---am."

"Beam? Okay, Beam. What's the name of the guy with you?"

I tried to inhale but it started to hurt. I clutched on my chest even I can't describe the pain I feel in my hand and chest in doing so.

Ah--hh. Ah--hh. Huuh.

"F-Fo-r-th. Wh-e--r-e is P'---Fo-rth?"

"Okay. You are Beam and you're with P'Forth inside the car awhile ago. Beam I need your help. Please stay awake okay? If you feel sleepy tell us immediately. Now I need you to breathe... I'll count... 1...2...3...!"

I felt my body lift up and so I made a noise to let them hear I am awake. P'Forth where are you? I can still feel the people around me, I can't understand what they are saying because of the medical terms.

"I a--am slee---py."

I hear the commotion around but I can't take it anymore. I want to sleep.

December 07, 20xx 10:43PM @Pattaya Main road accident, 1 dead on the spot 57 reported with minor injuries and 9 major injuries

"Please. Wake up na Beam. Please, we are waiting for you. Your friends are here, they need you. We need you."

"Beam... You're sleeping too long. We have exams... Wake up."

"P'Beam. I've bought tickets for your favorite band wake up Na, or else I will give it to P'Kit... Wake up na."

"Beam... If you don't wake up soon what would... There... What... Decision are you making us... Do?"

I heard sobs from around, I can hear my mom and dad crying I also can hear my friends voices. I tried to lift up my hand but cannot. Shit! Mom! Dad! I am here! I can hear you!

"Beam... P'Forth's waiting for your voice. Please wake up--"

I tried to lift my hands again upon hearing the name of P'Forth. I am dying to see him. To hug him. To be with him.

"HE MOVES!!! CALL THE DOCTOR! HE MOVES PAA!"

I heard Chaos after that and tried to lift my fingers again, next i tried to open my eyes.

"HE'S AWAKE! AUNTIE! UNCLE!"

"BEEEEEEAAAM!!"

I heard crying sounds again after that and it makes me smile.

"W--at--er."

"This is really a miracle. He wakes up after having major injuries and seizures but we'll continue to check on his condition still. Let him take a rest, okay?"

The Doctor leave as soon as he checks on me.

"Mom... Wh-ere is P'-For-th?"

I saw them look at each other and their silence started to kill me.

"Mo--m..."

I cried. She cried too but didn't dare say anything. I think I know what happened, but still I need to hear it...