Confessions

A.N. Sorry for the slightly shorter than normal length of this chapter, but I just felt like it needed to be separated from the next chapter.

Clint's P.O.V.

            "So, do you want to tell me why I just got called to Fury's office, because you got into a fight in the guy's locker room?" Natasha asked, handing me an ice pack to put on the black eye that Rumlow gave me, though I am proud to say that it was the only hit he was able to land.

"Figured, that you hadn't gotten to have the getting called to the principal's office part of life, so why not get it now?" I put on my best charming smile, hoping to get out of this questioning.

"Really, that's it and not the fact that we this weekend and how Rumlow was talking all morning that about how I'm a stuck-up slut. Which, might I add was due to some girl down in sciences turning him down for the third time." I became quite interested in my shoes at her comment.

"Thought so," 'Tasha said, a knowing look on her face, "Well, as much as I'm sure that you enjoy fighting for my honor or whatever, I don't need it. First, I can handle myself and second, because I know that you'll do the whole you can, but you don't have to thing, is that the whole I'm a slut thing and whatever else they say helps me. It's as much a part of my toolset as my weapons and other skills are. If I really have to, I can show them what I am capable of, but I would rather not, because I live on being overlooked. I mean let's be honest that what make's female agents better than men in the field because no one expects us to do anything other than look pretty and maybe have kids or something.

"So as much as I respect that you felt the need to protect me, I can handle myself and I'm making sure that whatever is being said is what I want to be said. Now, we need to get out story straight, so that it doesn't look like there's anything more than just a partnership going on between us. Luckily, your Robin Hood vibe helps us in this situation so that should be good."

"Well, let's hope that dad goes along with our story because here he comes." I gestured down the hall to where Coulson is approaching us, looking somewhat like a pissed off accountant during tax season.

"I swear that somehow at least one of you two will be the reason that I end up leaving SHIELD, mark my words," He dropped his voice a little, "If there is any SHIELD left after you each finish fighting every agent we have."

"Hi Phil," We said at the same time.

I guess it was pretty obvious to guess what the prior topic of discussion was, because Coulson responded with, "I'm not going to lie to the Director about what's going on between you two, but I will vouch for you two."

That promise came just in time because, and I swear it's because Fury has some crystal ball or something, right after Coulson said that Fury opened his office door and gestured us in.

"The principal will see you now," 'Tasha said under her breath as we got up, and it took all of my willpower to not crack up at that statement, which I felt would be inappropriate given that fact that I was in trouble for fighting another agent, which may or may not have been due to said agent talking shit about my kinda girlfriend, who I wasn't supposed to have.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, would like to explain why one of my STRIKE agents is currently in medical with bruised ribs, two black eyes, and a dislocated shoulder and wrist?" Fury asked, turning toward Nat, Coulson and I from where he had been staring at over the Potomac. I'm pretty sure he just had so many windows put in this place so that he could be dramatic.