Reunited

A.N. Hey guys I was just wondering if you would want Nathanial Petrio Barton to be in this fic and if he is would you want him to be Clint's or adopted? Let me know soon since I'll be getting to those chapters soon.

Natasha's P.O.V.

"I'm just saying it's not like you haven't ever drank on a mission," Hunter said, still trying to defend himself from the rest of the team.

"I know that I have personally, but I kept myself to a drink an hour," I said. "Besides that, based on how you've acted before I can hold my drink better than you. At least that's what I gathered from your wedding night."

"Wait what happened there?" Skye asked a look of amusement on her face.

"We don't need to hear-"

Mack cut Hunter off, "The better question is what's happening here?"

Everyone in the room turned their attention to the hall where a bunch of medics were jogging down the hall, a look of panic on some of their faces. We all exchanged glances before joining the group to see what was going on.

We stopped near the base's main entrance where what seemed like half the medical staff was waiting. We were stuck at the back of the group due to us being some of the last people to show up, as well as appearing to be the least helpful group for the matter at hand.

"What's going on?" Hunter asked, standing on his tiptoes, trying to see over the crowd.

"Give me a minute," I whisper, before slipping through the crowd by sticking to the sides of the hallway.

I made my way to the front of the group just as the doors opened. I recognized the first woman to walk through the entryway as Simmons, the girl that I had met at the Triskelion what felt like a lifetime ago. I was more interested though by the pair that followed her. I recognized one of them as Bobbi Morse, but I couldn't fully identify who she was supporting at least not until he raised his head and we made eye contact.

It was in that moment I did one of the top ten stupidest things in my whole SHIELD career: I ran up, put my hands on the side of Clint's face, and kissed him. The kiss could have lasted only a few seconds or a few hours, all I was focused on was having Clint there in front of me. The only thing distracting me was the slight tinge of iron that I tasted, obviously a result of the split lip he was sporting.

" 'Tasha," Clint whispered, his voice was feeble, but I could hear the relief clear as day.

"I'm here, I'm here," I reassured, as I allowed Clint to lean on me more as we stood there, our foreheads resting against each other.

Our moment of peace was broken though as I felt Clint go limp in my arms and the medics began to swarm. They quickly transferred Clint onto the gurney and tried to put an IV as they began to transfer him to the med bay. I kept pace with them until we reached to entrance to the makeshift operating room that was set up.

"I'm sorry Agent Romanoff," One of the young agents said while trying to stop me from proceeding any farther. "You can't go any farther, but I can assure you that we'll update you on Agent Barton's situation."

I wanted to argue the agent's decision but was in such a state of emotional shock that I couldn't do anything. Seeing that I wasn't going to cause any type of a scene the agent just slipped through the double doors and left me standing there in the hallway.

"Hey Natasha," I heard a soft voice say. "I was wondering if you could introduce me to everyone."

"Sure Bob," I replied with a monotone voice, turning around to face her.