one

'Hello baby, hello my precious girl.' I cooed as I picked up my daughter, Layla.

She was 4 months old and no, no she had no father figure in her life.

Long story short, I thought I was in love, turns out I wasn't. We had sex, he got me pregnant, I told him and now he's living in Spain.

He wants nothing to do with me or Layla. It's sad because Layla will grow up without a father but I'll love her as much as any other child with both parents.

I'm only 22, turning 23 in 2 months. People look down upon me for having a child this young, especially being a single mother, but at the end of the day it just so happened that a mistake turned into a miracle.

I wouldn't change Layla for the world. I can't imagine my life now without her.

I recently moved into an apartment not too far from my parents house. I didn't want to be living in my parents house as I feel like I needed more room than my bedroom for me and Layla.

Obviously my parents wanted me to stay with them so they could help me out with looking after Layla but they only live a 5 minute walk away so I can always nip around if there's anything wrong.

Most nights they come around for dinner or just to see me and Layla. Tonight however they were both busy so tonight I was having a chill night.

My sister Sophia comes and stays some weekends as she is at uni during the week and likes to come home at the weekend.

'Come on lets get you changed for bed princess.' I spoke softly as I lifted Layla.

I changed her into her pyjamas and made her bottle. I sat down on the sofa with her in my arms and fed her.

I had music playing quietly in the background as she drank her bottle.

She had brown hair and blue eyes, both me and her dad had them so she got them from both of us which was good seeing as she didn't remind me of him too much.

She had his nose and that was about it. I'm not going to lie and say that he wasn't attractive, of course he was. It's one of the reasons I thought I fell for him.

She opened her eyes and looked up. Her beautiful blue eyes stared into mine.

'I promise baby. I will provide you the best life I can. It's me and you against the world.' I said softly to her.

I reached down and kissed her head causing her to stop drinking and smile. The small actions she done caused me to smile and be a proud mum more and more everyday.

Once she had finished her bottle I burped her. I then rocked her to sleep as she loved comfort, a bit like myself.

Within a matter of minutes she was fast asleep. I brought her into our room where her crib was.

'Goodnight beautiful.' I whispered as I kissed her and laid her down. I wrapped the blankets over her and went to the living room.

I cleaned around the flat making the place spotless whilst I had time.

Once I had finished I climbed onto the sofa with a blanket and put on Netflix. I began watching the series 'You' seeing as my sister had been going on about it for weeks.

Half way through the first episode there was a knock at my door, scaring me as the creepy but weirdly good show played.

I paused the TV and cautiously made my way to the door. I opened it slowly to reveal a man.

His dark brown curls fell over his forehead. His chocolate brown eyes fixed on me. His grey joggers and gym top fixed tightly to his body.

'Hi, sorry to interrupt. I wanted to introduced myself. I'm Brad, I just moved in next door.' He told me as he put his hand out for me to shake.

His teeth shone white as soon as he opened his mouth and his thick brummie accent didn't go unnoticed.

As I shook his hand his grip of his soft hand was firm. 'Nice to meet you Brad, I'm Ellie. Would you like to come in?' I asked and stepped to the side.

'Would you like a drink? Tea? Coffee?' I asked.

The kettle was boiling as I had gone to make myself a cup of tea before.

'Tea if you're making one yourself.' I nodded and went to the cupboard to get mugs and teabags.

'Which way do you take your tea?' I asked him.

'Milk and two sugars please.' He replied.

'Just like me then.' I smiled.

Once the teas were made I brought them over to the sofa. 'Have a seat, make yourself at home.'

He thanked me and sat down, taking his tea from me. 'So Brad,' I said as I sipped my tea. 'Have you always lived in London?'

It was an hour later. I leant a lot about Brad in the small amount of time.

He's from Birmingham but recently moved to London for work. He's 23. He has a golden retriever called Jesse back home who lives with his family.

I also found out that he was single. Although I wasn't looking for a relationship. I wanted to focus on Layla.

However I didn't bring her up in conversation, not because I'm ashamed but more the fact that it didn't appear in the conversation.

Most people when they find out I'm a 22 year old single mother turn their noses and never bother with me again.

'I hope I'll see you around again Ellie.' He said as I walked him to the door.

'You sure will.' I smiled.

'Night Ellie.'

'Night Brad.'