thirtyfour

We were awoken at 7AM from Bella crying. I was expecting her to wake up more than once last night but I was grateful she didn't.

I lifted her from her cot and began feeding her as Brad went to get a shower.

Once he was done in the shower he took Bella and left me free to also have one.

Within the next hour and a half Layla woke up, coming in for cuddles with her baby sister.

The two of them lay on the bed, Bella's little hand wrapping around Layla's finger.

'Mama, Wad, look!' Layla whisper shouted to us as we watched the two, she was in complete amazement of her mini me.

After Brad made us breakfast and we got the girls ready we decided to take Layla to the park.

My friend Lola who had been travelling the world on and off for the pass 2 years is home again, but this time she's home for good.

She got home just yesterday so she is coming round for dinner to have a catchup but most importantly meet our newest addition.

We talked almost everyday whether that be through iMessage, FaceTime or just a phone call. Anytime she was home she made an effort every time to call in and see me.

'Okay are we ready for the park?' Brad asked as he walked down the stairs with Bella in his arms.

'Yes! Yes!' Layla shouted as she jumped up and down.

'Right let's go.' I said as we buckled Layla into the buggy.

We strapped Bella into her buggy and then set off.

The park was around a 20 minute walk from our house so we decided to walk to get the girls out for a while longer.

As I pushed the buggy with Bella in it, Brad held Layla's hand as they skipped along the path and in his other hand he held Simba's lead.

Once we got to the park Layla instantly ran towards the swings.

'Push me!' She shouted.

The park was empty apart from us meaning that Layla was running around freely.

'Can Bel go on the swing too?' She asked cutely.

'Maybe when she's a big girl like you.' Brad told her and as she nodded.

After a while of Layla running around the park they come over and sit on the bench next to me.

'You okay princess?' I asked her.

'Yep just thirsty.' She said as Brad got her a bottle of water from the baby bag.

Bella then began to whine from her buggy. Before I could get her, Brad was already lifting her out.

'You're okay baby.' He cooed as he held her against his chest, rocking her to calm her.

'Why's she crying?' Layla questioned from beside me; concerned as being a big sister was new to her.

'She probably just wanted to be cuddled.' I explained to her. 'We don't always know what babies want because they can't talk so we just have to guess.'

'Was I like that mama?' She asked.

'Yes but you were a very good baby, like your sister, you only cried sometimes.' I said as I moved her hair from her face.