thirtythree

Bella was now 2 days old and we were both fine meaning that we could go home.

Brad was on his way to the hospital with Layla to pick us up.

Whilst Bella went for a nap I packed everything I needed from around the room and got myself ready to go home.

Just as Brad and Layla came in the room I had Bella laid on the bed as I changed her from her pyjamas to her going home outfit.

'Hello.' I said as Layla ran towards the bed.

I picked her up beside me, she hugged me before lying next to her sister.

'Hewoo.' She cooed as she put her arm gently over her.

Me and Brad smiled in adoration at our girls before he came over and gave me a kiss.

'How are you?' He asked.

'I'm good. I can't wait to get home.' I smiled.

'I don't like sleeping alone.' He pouted as I chuckled and kissed his pouty lips.

I finished putting Bella's outfit on before handing her to Brad.

'Hello beautiful.' He cooed. 'I've missed you.' He said as he kissed her head.

Layla sat on my lap, cuddling into me.

'I missed you.' Layla said as she frowned.

'I missed you too baby. But it was only a few days and now I'll be home again.' I told her causing her to smile.

'She woke up last night looking mummy, didn't you.' Brad said as she nodded.

'I slept in your bed.' She said with a giggle.

'No you didn't!' I teased.

'I did. Brad didn't I.' She said as he nodded with a grin.

As we sat talking the nurse came in to discharge Bella and I.

After we said our goodbyes and thank you to the nursing staff that helped me during our stay we made our way into the lift and down to the carpark.

Brad carried Bella in her car seat as Layla held my hand tightly, not wanting to let go.

Once we strapped the kids into the car I got into the back next to them to keep an eye on them.

As I walked into the living room there was a bunch of flowers on the coffee table along with a pack of fluffy socks, an oversized hoodie and a Pandora bag.

He knew that I preferred to wear hoodies than pyjamas which made it all the more special.

'Brad!' I exclaimed, tears coming to my eyes. 'What's this for?'

'Babe.' He said. 'I think you know what it's for. You deserve a little something to come home to.' He said as he kissed my lips.

'Thank you.' I said cashing him to grin.

'No problem.' He said as he rubbed his nose against mine before wiping away my tears.

We had been back home a while, me and Brad took turns at getting showers then bathed Layla as Bella lay in her Moses basket next to us.

After, we decided to change the kids into their pyjamas and me and Brad got in our comfy clothes; mines consisted of his oversized jumper and Brad's consisted of a pair of grey joggers.

As we all settled down on the sofa with a blanket it was time for Bella to get fed.

I was tried breast feeding with Layla but it wasn't a success so I was hoping I had the option with Bella.

As I breastfed her Brad went to his sisters with Layla to pick up Simba seeing as they minded her whilst I was in the hospital and Brad was running to and from the hospital a lot.

Brad returned home shortly after I finished feeding Bella with beautiful doggy.

After I had Layla I bought a baby rocker that she loved, we kept it and now we were putting Bella in it as we made dinner.

'Go and relax, I'll make it.' Brad ordered me.

'No it's not fair you're doing everything.' I groaned.

'Babe, you're only home. You need rest.' He told me causing a sigh to release from my mouth.

I went back to the living room where Bella lay in her rocker and Layla sat on the floor playing with her toys as Simba lay next to her.

'Mama do you want to play?' Layla asked as she noticed my presence.

'Of course princess.' I smiled as I sat down beside them.

Around half an hour later of playing with Layla's dolls Brad called us out for dinner.

He came in and lifted Bella's rocker into the kitchen so she was with our whilst we were having dinner.

As we were eating, Layla's curiosity got the best of her.

'How do babies get in mama's tummy?' She asked which caused Brad to choke on his drink that he was drinking.

I looked to Brad for some help but he sat smirking at me, throwing a wink before continuing to eat.

'When a mummy and daddy love each other in a special way, a special seed is planted that grows into a baby.' I explained as I looked to Brad to see him looking between myself and Layla.

'Oh.' She said and continued eating her dinner. 'Can we go to the park tomorrow.'

'We can princess. If mummy is feeling okay maybe her and Bella can come too.' Brad said as I nodded.

'Yay!' Layla clapped.

That girl loves the park more than any child I know.

I helped Brad clear the kitchen after dinner and by now we had just put the girls to bed.

We decided to climb into bed and watch Friends on the TV. Simba has been lying on the floor next to Bella's cot since we put her in it over an hour ago.

'I'm so glad to be back in my own bed.' I said feeling content in my bed surrounded by my family.

'I missed having someone to cuddle.' Brad said with a pout.

'Well now you're going to be sick to me cuddling you.' I said as I had been cuddling him the past hour.

'I could never get tired of your cuddles.' He said as he held me even tighter.

I could feel my eyes growing tired. Brad obviously noticed I was struggling to stay awake.

'Go to sleep babe.' He said as he rubbed my arm and kissed my forehead.

'Night I love you.' I murmured.

'Goodnight, I love you beautiful.' He whispered as he snuggled closer to me.

I awoke during the night to see Brad stood cradling Bella in his arms.

'Go back to sleep.' He whispered as he noticed I was awake.

'She needs breastfed.' I told him.

'Don't worry, I have a pre-made bottle.' He assured me.

I felt bad leaving him to stay up with her so I lay and watched the two.

He then sat on the bed as she finished her bottle before he winded her.

I slowly drifted off back into my sleep as Brad put Bella back to bed. I then felt Brad wrap his arms around me and cuddle up next to me.