twentyfive

8 months later

It was now August. By March myself, Brad and Layla had moved into a four bedroom house around a 20 minute drive from our old flats.

The three of us were even happier before, now that we're finally living together as a family.

Not to mention the fact that we finally caved in and bought a golden retriever as our own.

Layla absolutely adored her, it was even stronger than the relationship she had with Jesse.

We decided to call our pup Simba after the Lion King, seeing as that was our family favourite movie.

Today we were going on holiday to Florida, our first proper holiday together abroad. It was going to be Layla's first time on a plane.

Sophia and Max are staying round our house and minding Simba for the next 10 days whilst we are away seeing as they haven't a place of their own yet.

'See you in ten days, have the best time!' Sophia hugged me as she dropped us off at the airport.

'See you sissy, thanks again for watching Simba.' I said as we pulled away.

'Not a problem, thank you for letting me and Max stay. We appreciate it.' She said with a smile.

Brad then pulled her in for a hug. 'Thank you Lily.' He smiled.

'No problem. Have the best time and watch them!' She warned him.

'Oh don't you worry, I will.' He laughed.

'Bye, bye Lays.' She cooed as Layla gave her a hug.

'See you soon!' She said as she kissed her cheek.

'Have fun and be a good girl for mummy and Brad.' Sophia told her as she nodded.

Brad went to get a trolley for our bags as me and Layla waited for him at the door with the bags.

Once he came back over he piled the bags onto it and we headed to check in.

Thankfully we checked in within half an hour and got rid of the bags and Layla's pram.

We also got through security in 15 minutes leaving us plenty of time to roam around the airport.

'I'm hungry.' Layla complained as Brad had her on his shoulders.

'We're going to get food now baby, don't worry.' I assured her.

'Yay.' She shouted from Brad's shoulders causing a few couples to look and smile at my daughter.

We went to to Burger King seeing as the queue was the shortest.

Brad went up to order for the three of us after we had found a table to sit at.

After a long 15 minutes of Brad queuing and Layla complaining she was hungry he returns to our table with the food.

'Fanks Brad.' She grinned at him as he sat opposite her to eat.

'No problem princess.' He said as he put his fist out causing her to fist bump hers against his.

I just shook my head and laughed at the two, they're both on the same level most of the time.

Once I was finished my meal, Layla and Brad were still eating.

'I'm just going to nip into duty free if that's okay? I need to get a foundation.' I said to Brad.

'Yeah no problem love.' He nodded as he kissed my cheek as I passed him.

When I got into duty free I went towards the men's fragrances. There was a new Hugo Boss aftershave that he had been ranting and raving about for ages.