thirty

Brad's POV

We had all arrived at my parents house and were sat down having our dinner.

My knee was continuously bouncing, I was nervous to tell Ellie's parents. I don't know how they reacted the first time. I know my dad will be over the moon seeing as it's their first time experiencing watching their grandchild transform from a bump to a little human.

As I was in conversation with my dad, my knee was still bouncing. I felt a hand being placed on my thigh.

Turning to Ellie, she sent me a reassuring smile. She was more relaxed than me, probably because this is her second time having to tell people.

'It's okay.' She mouth.

We had decided that we would tell them after dinner, it turned out perfect seeing as everyone moved to the living room and chatted.

Simba and Jesse lay on the carpet; remaining unbothered by anything going on as the two relaxed and slept.

'We have something to tell you.' Ellie said as she turned to me.

'Lays do you want to tell them?' I asked her as she nodded. I whispered in her ear to make sure she told them the right thing.

'Mama having a baba!' She exclaimed, holding up a scan of the baby we had done earlier today.

My mum smiled widely as my dad hurried over to congratulate us.

I looked to Ellie's parents; her mum was in tears as her dad hugged her with a smile.

'Congratulations.' Her mum and dad came over and said.

I went to shake her dads hand but instead he pulled me in for a hug.

'Thank you for looking after them.' He whispered.

'It's my pleasure.' I assured him as I pulled away.

After we had all sat down and began talking about the baby I turned to Layla who was sat on my lap.

'Will we get mama's present?' I asked her quietly.

She jumped off the seat and took my hand, dragging me towards the car.

'We're just getting something out of the car.' I told them as we left.

'Can I hold bag?' She asked as I made sure the balloon was attached to the bouquet of flowers.

'Of course.' I told her as I handed her the bag.

We made our way back into the living room where Ellie had her back to us.

'Here mama.' Layla got her attention, snapping her out of the conversation she was having.

'What's all this for?' She asked with a gasp.

'We thought you deserved a little something.' I told her as I set the bouquet down on the table. 

'The flowers are lovely, thank you.' She said as we sat down next to her, she kissed both our cheeks.

'Open the bag mama.' Layla ordered her, growing impatient earning a few laughs.

'Okay, okay.' Ellie joked as she untied the Pandora bag before taking the box out.

'Brad!' She exclaimed as she opened the box. 'These are expensive!' She scolded me.

'Don't worry about the price. I know you've been wanting one for a while.' I reassured her as I pulled her in for a side hug.

'Thank you.' She mumbled into my neck.