sixteen

It was Christmas Eve and we were spending it with Brad before going to my parents house later in the day.

Brad went back to his to change into fresh clothes and get ready seeing as we were going out for lunch.

I got Layla ready and as I was about to get ready myself Brad came in.

'Go get ready and I'll watch her.' He said as she ran excitedly to him.

'Dolls!' She exclaimed as she dragged him to play with her toys causing me to chuckle.

I went to my room and began to got ready. I threw on a pair of black ripped jeans along with one of Brad's hoodies.

I done a small amount of makeup before putting my shoes on and going back into the living room to Brad and Layla.

As I was sat in my room I could hear the 2 of them laughing and talking to each other. It's so special to me that Layla has a bond with Brad.

I entered the living room to find them lying on the sofa, Layla on Brad's chest as they watched Peppa Pig on the TV.

Brad played with her hair as she rested peacefully on him.

'Wad.' She said quietly.

'Yas.' He replied.

'I wuv you.' She said as she placed a delicate kiss on his cheek.

I watched as happiness took over Brad face, soon enough his eyes began to water.

'I love you too princess.' He smiled before kissing her forehead and hugging her tightly.

After a moment he looked up and seen me standing watching the both of them, me too smiling with tears forming.

'Mama.' She exclaimed as she seen me.

I made my way over and sat next to the both of them.

'Are you ready to go out?' I asked her as she nodded enthusiastically.

She got down off of the sofa and ran into our room. She then returned with her coat, shoes and of course the bear Brad had bought her months ago.

I put her shoes and coat on before she grabbed the bear and ran to the door.

Ma and Brad both laughed before I grabbed my bag, keys and phone and left.

Once we were in the car Brad turned the radio up, letting the music play as we drove into the town.

His hand rested on my thigh as he traced patterns over the fabric on my legs.

A comfortable silence was created as Layla sat in her car seat staring out of her window and occasionally dancing to whatever song came on.

'I'm going to miss you tomorrow.' Brad said as he stopped at a red light.

I turned to him to find him already looking at me.

'You're so dramatic, it'll be one day.' I rolled my eyes.

'Yeah but Christmas is about spending the day with your loved ones.' He said with a pout.

'You'll be with your family though.' I said.

I wanted to spend Christmas more than anything with him, with him and Layla, but I know his and my family want to spend their Christmas with their children.

I know this will be my last Christmas Eve staying with my parents because it's more than likely that I'll spend it next year with Brad, the three of us as a family.