twentyeight

Ellie's POV

5 months later

Today I was at home with Layla, it was a Sunday and Brad had work today seeing as he had deadlines to meet.

It was the July meaning I had finished work for the summer.

Over the past 2 weeks I haven't been feeling the best. I thought it was some bug that I picked up but my period is late.

I insisted that Brad went to work as he was quite busy at the moment.

Deciding it was best that I went and bought a few pregnancy tests just to be safe, I strapped Layla into her car seat as I climbed into the drivers seat and set off to Asda.

Knowing that we needed a few things for the fridge and cupboard I got a trolley; also meaning Layla could sit in it.

I made my way to the isle where the pregnancy tests would be and got them first seeing as that's the main reason I came out.

Making my way to the food isles I saw an all too familiar face.

'Ellie, why aren't you resting?' He panicked as he rushed towards me.

'Wad!' Layla shouted from the trolley.

'Hello.' He cooed as he kissed her head.

'I just needed to pop out and get a few things.' I explained.

'Pregnancy tests?' He asked shocked.

'It's just to be sure.' I told him as he nodded. 'What are you doing here anyway?' I asked.

'I came to get stuff to cook you dinner.' He explained.

I smiled at the man in front of me and reached up to kiss him.

'We can quickly grab a few things for the house, then put her for a nap so we can do the tests, okay?' He said as he held my hand.

I nodded before he pulled me in for a hug.

We were now back home, Brad had finished early today meaning I wouldn't be alone taking the tests; unlike last time.

Brad was currently putting Layla down for her nap as I changed into comfy clothes and drank loads of water.

'That's her asleep.' He announced as he came into the kitchen.

'Thank you.' I kissed him.

'Are you ready?' He asked as he took my hand. I gave him a nod before he lead me to the bathroom with the tests in a plastic bag.

We went into our en-suite, closing the door before Brad got the tests from the bag as I sat on the toilet.

He handed me the first test for me to pee on it. Once I had done so he handed me the remaining 3.

We placed all 4 on the wall of the bath as we impatiently waited for the results.

He was now sitting on the floor with me on his lap as he stroked my hair and placed kissed on my head and neck.

Suddenly, the alarm sounded on his phone.

'Are you ready?' He asked.

I let out a shaky breath. 'Yeah.' I croaked.

We turned them over.

Pregnant

Pregnant.

||

||

All positive.

I looked to Brad to see tears rolling down his face.