Girl Talk

Chapter 9

"Hey!" Natsuki sounded pissed.

Monika and Sayori jumped away from each other, both sets of eyes fixated on the short baker standing in the doorway.

"What the fuck?! Didn't I warn you not to make my friend cry?!" Natsuki yelled, cracking her knuckles as she took a few steps closer.

"Nat! It's not like that!" Sayori defended, standing to block Natsuki's path.

"Then what the fuck is this?" Natsuki gestured to Sayori's wild hair and puffy, wet eyes.

"Rainclouds." Sayori muttered.

Natsuki froze, completely understanding the term.

"Could you give us a minute?" Natsuki asked Monika, who still sat confused on the bed.

"I was just leaving." Monika excused herself, making a beeline for the stairs to leave.

"So... What happened?" Natsuki said in a soft, conceded voice as she took a seat on the bed.

Sayori sighed, sitting beside her.

~~~

"I see.." Natsuki said, nodding in understanding after Sayori explained the situation.

"So you wigged out, Monika found you, and she basically 'bibbity-boppity-booped' those rainclouds away?" Natsuki said, using terms Sayori would understand with ease.

"Yeah..." Sayori admitted, embarrassed.

Natsuki sighed, laying back on the bed with a plop.

"Looks like we're both in over our heads with these sophomores, huh?" Sayori said, laying beside her.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Natsuki blushed, crossing her arms.

"Yuri Owens~?" Sayori whispered in her ear, watching Natsuki squeak and turn to hide her face.

"I-I do not like her!" Natsuki said defensively.

"Nat, don't lie to me." Sayori said, poking her arm as she puffed out her cheeks.

"I-I don't! I just... I-I mean, she's so smart, and cool, and mysterious... and pretty..." Natsuki trailed off, a bright smile on her face as she stared off into nothing.

"I get cha. I've got Monika on the brain too." Sayori admitted with a sigh.

"Not to be rude but I think I've seen more personality in a rock. What makes her so special?" Natsuki asked, cocking her head.

"Hey! She's got loads of personality! She's sweet, and smart... caring, funny... patient, beautiful, wonderful... kind..." Sayori droned on in a cheerful tone, counting on her fingers.

"She's talented, resourceful, reliable..." Sayori continued.

"Alright I get it you're in love with 'er." Natsuki said jokingly, dismissing her with a wave.

"I-I think I am." Sayori said for the first time aloud, sitting up.

"No way! Since when?" Natsuki asked, copying her action and sitting upright.

"Frth grd." Sayori mumbled, turning her head away.

"What?" Natsuki asked, not hearing a word of that.

"Fourth grade!" Sayori groaned, hiding her embarrassed face in her hands.

"Holy shit, Sayo. That's like... Next level stalker shit." Natsuki teased, nudging her shoulder.