Christmas Party

Chapter 13

(God dang why is this one holiday taking so long to write?! XD Like seriously, all three of these Christmas parts are at least 1200 words or more.)

Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit!

Sayori raced around her room, having received a text from Monika saying she was on her way.

Sayori had only just woken up so she was struggling to put on some fresh clothes and brush her teeth, as well as fix her hair and dab on some perfume for good measure.

There came a knock on the door as Sayori froze with panic.

"I got it!" Natsuki called after the fifth knock, rolling her eyes since Sayori had failed to open it herself.

"Hey, Park." Natsuki smirked, side stepping so the sophomore could pass.

"Hello, Natsuki." Monika smiled awkwardly.

"Sayo's upstairs. She'll be down in a minute." Natsuki said, watching the girl's every reaction with a wide smirk and knowing eyes.

"Ok-kay..." Monika sat on the couch hesitantly, crossing her legs and placing her hands in her lap as she glanced around nervously.

"So, uh... D-Do you know when... Y-Yuri's coming?" Natsuki asked, pretending she didn't care even though it was all she could think about.

"I think she said she's stop by after visiting her mother." Monika said as the baker nodded.

"H-H-Hey, Monika." Sayori said, nearly tripping like twice as she came fumbling down the stairs.

"Hey, S-Sayori." Monika beamed.

Simply seeing Sayori's happy face was enough to brighten her mood instantly.

"I-I'm glad you could make it." Sayori commented.

"It's okay. I didn't have anything to do today, anyway." Monika shrugged as Sayori walked towards the kitchen.

"Naaaaat, I bought cookie and cupcake mix for the occasion, help me make it?" Sayori called in her childish voice.

Monika giggled as Natsuki swore, stomping her way into the kitchen

Sayori held a bright smile, seemingly flying up the stairs to leave the kitchen as Natsuki began preparations.

Monika hesitantly followed, knocking on the blonde's door.

"Come in!" Sayori called.

Monika stepped in, not having been inside Sayori's room since her little "incident" a few months prior.

"Hey.." Sayori said, sitting back against her pillows as she brought her knees up to her chest.

"Hi.." Monika sat at the edge, turning a bit to face her.

"So Monika..." Sayori said, biting her lip as she lowered her legs just a bit.

"Yes?" Monika asked.

"Well, I was just thinking... S-Since I've told you a lot about me, maybe you could tell me a bit about... you." Sayori suggested.

"S-Sure, what did you have in mind?" Monika asked as she tilted her head in a way that made Sayori gulp.

"Uh, I don't know... W-What's your favorite color? Have any siblings? Favorite shows? A-Anything, really..." Sayori said, genuinely interested to learn as much about Monika as the brunette would hand out.