Chat Part Two

Chapter 34

"We're here!" Yang said, pulling into the parking lot of the towering building.

"You gonna need a ride home? I kinda have to pick up my sister. She's watching her girlfriend's ballet recital and it'll be over soon.

"No, uh, I'll... find a ride. Thank you." Sayori smiled, climbing out of the car.

She waved as the couple drove off, before turning and walking into the building.

"Excuse me, are Mr. and Mrs. Park in?" Sayori asked in a voice even sweeter than usual.

"Yes. Do you have an appointment?" the secretary, who had long blue hair and glasses, spoke in a timid voice.

"Ursula!" a woman with lilac hair called, "Finnelan needs you again!"

The woman quickly scrambled to her feet, forgetting about the teenager standing before her entirely.

"Yo. How can I help you?" the lilac one asked, leaning against the counter.

"I need to speak with Mr. and Mrs. Park." Sayori repeated.

"Sure thing. Top floor." She shrugged, turning and walking away without a care.

Sayori quickly walked over to the elevator, pressing the button for the top floor.

~~~

"Shit, how long ago did she text you?!" Natsuki asked Yuri as Monika momentarily stopped for a red light.

"A-About an hour ago, at lunch." Yuri said.

"Fuck, she could be there by now!" Monika gripped the wheel tightly.

She sped off once again the moment the light turned green.

~~~

Sayori knocked on the door, waiting for a response.

"Come in." a feminine voice called from behind it.

Sayori slowly opened the door, cautiously stepping in.

"Who are you?" a man asked from his seat at a desk.

"I'm Sayori Easton, sir." Sayori said calmly.

"Why are you here, darling?" the woman asked, sitting on the desk.

"I'm here to talk about your daughter..." Sayori said confidently, masking how scared she was.

"What about her?" the man rolled his eyes.

"I-I heard.. I heard you, um... You plan to send her to.. A conversion camp, s-sir.." Sayori managed.

"Yes. But don't try to spin this on us. She willingly agreed to these terms so we will not be accused of neglection or the like." the woman chimed in.

She... What?

"W-What terms?" Sayori asked, swallowing dryly.

"She can return to living with us if she spends two months at Camp Reform." the man said.

(I'd rather spend two weeks at Camp Halfblood-)

"But that's cruel!" Sayori exclaimed.

"Bite your tongue when talking to my husband, child." the woman said, her words laced with venom.

"This wouldn't be necessary if our daughter didn't insist on being so vulgar and putting the family name at stake." the man explained calmly.

"She s not vulgar!" Sayori interjected loudly, her fists clenching at her sides.

"Oh don't tell me... You're one of them as well, aren't you?" the woman rolled her eyes with a scoff.