Inner Demons

Chapter 31

Sayori hadn't stopped crying for over an hour.

Monika had finally found an apartment after working her job for two months and Natsuki still refused to talk to her inside or outside of school.

(I realize it takes longer than two months to find an apartment at 17 just go with it)

She sighed, rolling over onto her back.

It was way too late to call Monika; The poor girl had a shift until school.

Who can I talk to? Nat hates me right now and Moni's at work...

An idea, memory, flashed into her mind.

"You're welcome anytime. That includes you, Sayori."

Yuri...

Yuri would probably be awake, right?

She took out her phone and sent Yuri a quick text.

S: Is it okay if I come over?

She set her phone down, getting a buzz almost instantly.

Y: Yes.

S: Thanks.

She typed out a quick response and stood.

Sayori grabbed a scarf before slipping on her shoes and leaving the house.

She walked in the direction of Yuri's house, seeing her breath a white cloud before her lips.

Cloud.... That's what Monika calls me... Her happy... Little... Cloud...

Without realising, she had started to cry all over again, rapidly wiping her tears as she rounded the corner to Yuri's house.

Sayori knocked on Yuri's door, waiting a bit before Yuri finally opened it and motioned her inside.

"Welcome." Yuri said as she closed the door.

"Thanks for having me." Sayori said nervously as she took her shoes off.

"There is something I wanted to discuss with you, if that's alright." Yuri sat on the couch, taking a sip of tea.

Sayori nodded, taking a seat on the opposite end of the couch.

Sayori waited in an anxious silence as Yuri took another long sip, sighing when she sat the cup down.

"I know your little secret." Yuri said without looking at her.

"W-What secret?" Sayori laughed rather loudly.

"Your severe depression." Yuri answered.

Sayori's eyes widened as her face paled, her heart hammering quicker and the hair on the back of her neck standing on end.

"W-What?" Sayori said quietly.

"Please, don't play dumb. Ignorance is rather annoying." Yuri sighed, taking a sip.

"H-How did you..?" Sayori trailed off,  dumbfounded.

"How did I figure it out?" Yuri finished for her.

Sayori nodded slowly as Yuri turned to face her.

"I've known since I saw you in French class on your first day of high school." Yuri said.