Ch. 9

Danny pov

I jolted up from my comfy bed to the sound of an air horn going off in my ear, and I turn to my right into the direction of Dick with a wide ass grin on his face and an open door behind him. He apparently saw the danger of waking me up so damn early in the morning and bolted out the door laughing his ass off. Oh-ho, he messed with the wrong person to do that shit.

Instead of going back to sleep, I get up and drag myself to the kitchen because I know that if I go back to sleep, Dick will do it again. I want to punch him right now, but I'll have to do that when I catch him and it's too early for that. Damien sees me when I pass by the overly large living room and sends me a sneer. What the hell is his problem? Oh well, if he decides to take his anger out on me, he'll have one rude awakening.

Upon entering the kitchen, I see Alfred already cooking. What can't this guy do? I mean come on; he is everywhere for everyone. How in the hell does he still have energy left over? You know what, I'm going to officially take over cooking duty. Watch me.

"'Morning Alfred. I was wondering if you'll allow me to take over cooking duty." He turned to me to argue about it being his job, but I put my hand up to stop him.

"I used to cook for my family when things went haywire. Trust me; I know how to cook." Alfred looked like he was thinking it over, and by the look of his face, he decided. Not that I was going to let him refuse with a backup plan.

"Okay Danny, I'll let you take over cooking. Right now I am making blueberry pancakes. I had just started making breakfast and set them on the pan. Good luck." Let me. Yeah right, I would have forced you out of the kitchen. I won't need much luck since I had practice when trying to keep up with dads appetite and preventing ectoplasmic food from taking over.

So, there I began making tons of scrambled eggs while the pancakes were cooking before I would have to flip them. After doing a batch of eggs, I flipped the pancakes and started on making a butt load of sausage. It went on like this for about an hour and a half. I loved the smell of cooked breakfast, especially the blueberries in the pancakes.

It was finally done, so I called everyone to the table to eat, including Alfred. I will not have him go hungry. He reminds me of an old, male version of Jazz.

"Alright, everyone come an' get it while it's hot!" Everyone literally came running so fast, I saw a dust and dirt cloud forming behind them. It was literally a stampede.

Everyone sat at the table and started to dig in. After everyone took a bite of the food I made, not even Damien could hold back the smile that was beginning to form on his face. If this continues, I'm not going to want to leave and become attached the each and every one of them. Even if I did, I wouldn't stop it even if I could.

_____________________________________________

Sorry for not updating in a very long time. Family visits were going on, I was behind on English and Spanish work, and working at my job. It's both tiresome and annoying trying to juggle everything around. Thank you for your comments; I enjoy reading them. I laughed at a bunch of them, and it made me feel good that I could write something others enjoy reading. If you have any questions, go ahead and ask.

Thank you :)