Ch. 10

Danny pov

After cooking breakfast this morning, Bruce was giving me a half smile. I will laugh in his face when he finds out the giant ass secret I hold. Wait a minute. I just remembered about my first few years of being immortal. Alfred when he was a man in his late-20s. Wait how old is Alfred 'cause I could be wrong. I'm just going to ask for a picture of him when he was a young man.

"Hey Alfred, do you have any pictures from when you were in your 20s?" He turned around and gave me a strange look. A look that asked why I wanted to know. Am I that suspicious? Yes, yes I am.

"I'm just curious is all." He did not give me a look that said he was convinced, but he got up to get a picture anyway.

"Follow me Master Danny, and I will take you to where I keep photos of my past." With that I followed him to his probable safe haven. He led me to a door to his room presumably.

"Alfred just bring out what you think I should look at and I'll take it to my room. I don't want to go through anything thing would bring you pain." Alfred gave me a shocked look with a hint of gratefulness. I won't ask him unnecessary questions either.

He went into his room and came back out a minute later with few photographs. I thanked him and walked away into the direction of my room. Upon entering my room, I went straight towards my bed and started looking at the photos.

The first photo was of a man who had no facial hair what-so-ever but was smiling so freely with an older man that looks to be an older version of Bruce. That was most probably Bruce's dad. Dark brown hair, dark brown eyes, and facial hair that covered the bottom half of his face lightly like the photo was taken a couple days after his shave. The second picture was with a woman who could either be a girlfriend or sister. She was beautiful with light brown hair that went to her mid back, with light green eyes that shone like light colored emeralds, and with with a smile that shone like the sun. 

However, the third photo showed of Alfred and what I feared, a picture of me. I apparently had come to Gotham City in my earlier years of being immortal. This proves it as well. So, Alfred might know my secret, but I doubt that he'll tell until I am ready to tell.

So, I took the pictures and went in search of Alfred. I found him in one of the many living rooms farthest away from the main living room. He looked me dead in the eyes begging me silently to not ask him any questions. I didn't. I simply gave the photographs back to the men and said, "Thank you for letting me look at them, my old friend."

His eyes lit up like stars in the sky and gave me a watery smile. Yeah, it's nice to know that someone missed you during your long travels of wanting to belong. And I finally found a place to belong. Now to just that damn Joker out of the way.

________________________________________________

Hey, sorry for not updating and it being short, but I'm so close to being free from school. Then I'll be able to update even more. So thank you for sticking with me and holding on, and I promise more frequent updates in the future.