Chapter 44

Chapter 44

Jiyasha was sitting in the prosecution lawyer's office room when an elderly man entered behind her. Jiyasha waved at him and he smiled.

"Sir, are you Mr. Avishek Shinde? I took the appointment to meet you. I'm Jiyasha Mehta."

"Yes Aditi has informed me. I've read your appeal against Aryan Saxena's wrong deeds. His case is going on in the court and your sister-in-law has withdrawn from the case. Since this one is a case against breaking the law and involving the community as a whole, I've decided to take up the case."

"Yes, how can I help you please let me know."

"If you can elaborate the details of the case that Mrs. Mehta was taking care of, though I've gone through her papers too."

"See Sir, as far as I've known, a few victims who consumed the malicious drugs had suffered in the hands of the deadly poison and filed a case against the owner, i.e. Aryan Saxena and his company. He was pretending to be honest and with lack of evidences against him, Aditi considered him to be innocent. She took up the case to rescue him out of it. Now since I've received a few evidences against him, I requested her to withdraw from it because she doesn't fight for clients who are guilty in real."

"I get it but why were you trying hard to find out evidences against Mr Saxena? Look Aditi has told me about it, please don't hesitate to share with me."

"I know Sir. Actually, we have a research project in the final year of the degree. Hence we were grouped in teams to invent new formulae for different drugs or review older ones. I was given Aryan's project and was working on it with a partner of mine. But now since my partner has left her degree in the middle, I'll be completing it all alone," Jiyasha said thinking about Monica.

"When did you start doubting on him? You were supposed to only work with drugs and not with his personal life, right?"

"I agree Sir but I never thought of doubting him. I was already given the task of unraveling this mystery secretly. As Jatin Sir had told me, Aryan's personal secretary Amar had forwarded the secret file to my Sir and requested him to make somebody work on the case. Amar strongly believed that Aryan is not innocent, he was a criminal. Jatin Sir found me to be the best suited person who could work on it."

"Are you really the best suited one?"

"What do you mean Sir?"

"I mean now since you are his wife, will you really try giving evidences against him and help in getting him punished?"

Jiyasha bit her lower lip in utter confusion. Part of her brain was coaxing her to get him punished while the other was stopping her because of the goodness he possessed. She twitched an eye before proceeding. "If he is really guilty, I wouldn't think twice before punishing him."

Mr. Shinde picked up his mug of coffee and spoke sipping it, "You are so very confused Mrs. Saxena or Ms. Mehta. You yourself brought the evidences and you are still not sure if he is really the culprit!"

Jiyasha was giving him a confused look already. She couldn't make out what she was supposed to do. She was fidgeting in her chair and uttered slowly, "I brought the evidences and now it is your duty to prove who the real culprit is. What if Aryan is being framed?"

"As far as the copies of proofs which Aditi had submitted to me, I did not find if they were morphed or somebody had forced Aryan. He was signing them willingly and those videos were taken instantly by an outsider. We exactly don't know who the outsider was," Mr. Shinde put forward his own observations.

"I think I know who the outsider is, though I may be wrong as well. It is just a doubt," Jiyasha said thinking intently.

"Please share, why are you hesitating?"