Chapter 57

Chapter 57

◀◀ NEW YORK SPECIAL: SEVEN ▶▶

The next morning, Jiyasha woke up from sleep and moved out of the guest room. She met Raghav across the corridor and he informed her that Manish had left for his rehearsal. He also told her that Manish was extremely worried for his band because Emily had said it a quit. Jiyasha nodded and walked away.

Jiyasha reached Manish's grandmother's room and knocked. The door was open and his grandmother called her inside. Jiyasha stood staring at the beautiful lady who was the sole caretaker of the two handsome boys. Jiyasha instantly liked the lady with a gorgeous charm and said, "May I sit beside you for sometime, grandma?"

The old lady permitted her and Jiyasha continued, "I know we didn't have the introduction between us. My name is Jiy..."

Before Jiyasha could complete her sentence, the grandmother interrupted, "I know your name. It is Jiyasha and you are from India. I've heard a lot about you from my grandson."

Jiyasha smiled sheepishly. "Yes."

"So are you liking the city?"

"Somewhat grandma. I want to leave for India as soon as I find my passport or get a duplicate one from the authorities."

The grandmother nodded and coughed a little. Jiyasha got up quickly and fetched the glass of water that was lying on the side table. She helped the grandmother to drink from it and the latter caressed her hair. "You seem to be very sweet and caring, my child. I liked the fact that you came to sit beside me."

"I don't know but I felt that I should spend some time with you. Loneliness haunts me and I understand how it feels to you when you are lonely too," Jiyasha said softly.

"You have been brought up with good virtues I see. It happens only in India." The grandmother smiled and shifted her position. She was feeling a beating pain in her heart and whimpered in pain. Jiyasha held her palms and helped her to sit upright.

"Is it that hurting, grandma?"

"Sometimes."

"How did you develop the disease?"

"With age, my child."

Jiyasha frowned. She felt her heart sinking as she saw the pale face of the grandmother. "If you don't mind grandma, may I see the doctor's reports?"

"It is lying there in my cupboard."

Jiyasha brought out the file from the cupboard and started going through it. She uttered, "Do you know grandma, I'm a doctor. If you permit me, I would like to help Manish but without his knowledge."

The grandmother smiled again. "I know you have a specialisation in cardiology, my grandson had told me. But why won't you let him know that you will be helping him?"

"The good values that you have imbibed in him, I don't think he will accept any kind of help from me very easily. Also I want to give him a surprise if I'm able to do something at all."

"Do you love him?"

Jiyasha widened her eyes. She simply nodded. "I don't. I'm trying to help somebody who saved my life and that's it."