Chapter 54

Chapter 54

◀◀ NEW YORK SPECIAL: FOUR ▶▶

Manish passed the whole night resting outside Jiyasha's room. He was afraid of her poor condition and the fact that he resembled her late husband was tormenting him mentally. He was waiting for a true love in his life and Jiyasha was the first girl he saw who knew what true love was.

Jiyasha didn't have a proper sleep at night and she woke up as early as she could. She had taken her shower for the day and was ready in a new attire. When she came out of her door, she was surprised to find Manish lying on the ground with his eyes closed. She squeezed his shoulder and he woke up with a jerk. "Didn't you go home, Manish?"

Manish saw the look on her face which was a little calm and composed, and this was the first time when she called him by his own name. He shook his head. "I couldn't have left you alone after what happened last night. You were too devastated and I was afraid of your health."

"It continues happening to me daily, so it doesn't matter much," Jiyasha replied and Manish looked in her eyes. Her eyes had swollen and reddened from the previous night.

Manish stood up and Jiyasha continued, "I know my current behavior surprised you but I was foolish enough to keep on insisting you to accept that you were my husband. When the whole of New York knows you, I was claiming a very lame thing which was not true at all. Last night, I heard on radio about your upcoming event. I even went through a few of the old YouTube videos where you were playing the guitar. You know in India we are not so very familiar with so many bands of New York or of other countries except for a few very famous ones. I will really pray that your band also becomes famous very soon."

Manish nodded. The happy expression on his face shrunk when Jiyasha added more to her speech, "You know Manish, I'm missing India very much and this place suffocates me. I don't know if I've met you coincidentally but the number of moments we spent together will be memorable to me. You look similar to my husband and I should understand that there can be many similar people in the whole world. Having said that, I'll be leaving for India in a couple of days after my flight ticket is confirmed."

Manish gaped. The feelings in his heart had just begun to develop when Jiyasha declared that she would leave New York very soon. Even though he could not love her more than her husband but he could have tried to decrease her pain by loving her more than anything else in his own life. He muttered, "Have you applied for the airplane reservation?"

"I did it last night." Jiyasha was firm in her decision. 

Manish thought that he still had a couple of days to win or at least create a soft corner in her heart. Even if her husband had passed away, it never meant that she could not move on in her life. He wanted to give her all the happiness she deserved just because he owned her husband's face and as if Aryan had bestowed him with the responsibility unknowingly.

"Did you have your breakfast?" he asked gently and she nodded in negation.

Manish smiled. "If you will give me the permission to show you the whole of New York the couple of days you are here, I'll be obliged throughout my life. I hope you trust me."

Jiyasha agreed. "This world is based on trust, Manish. We are born from our mother's womb because we trust the mother unknowingly, we grow up in a family and begin trusting one another, we travel by vehicles because we trust the driver, we buy goods because we trust the seller and we keep money in banks because we trust the banks. There is trust everywhere and I understood this when I lost my husband. I never trusted him but I will not commit the same mistake by not trusting you. You resemble him so you can never be a bad person."